Points of Pride (Week of Nov. 18)
Alief ISD News and Recognitions
Congratulations to this year's Alief Idol winners!
All competitors received a trophy and an Alief Idol gift bag.
The third prize winner in each category received a $100 gift card. The second place winner in each category received a $250 gift card. The first place winner in each category received a $500 gift card and recording time in a professional studio to produce a radio-quality recording that the winner may use to further his/her musical career.
- 1st Place - David Morales- Mata Intermediate School
- 2nd Place - Xabian Esparza - Martin Elementary School
- 3rd Place - Bria Robertson - Petrosky Elementary School
- 1st Place - Caterina Lucas - Alief Early College High School
- 2nd Place - Egypt Hearn - Hastings Ninth Grade Center
- 3rd Place - Karla Pleitez - Hastings Ninth Grade Center
- 1st Place - Laura Gonzalez - Holmquist Elementary School
- 2nd Place - Cairee Mayfield - Albright Middle School
- 3rd Place - Turquisha Lasker - O'Donnell Middle School
Congratulations to the MVP Award recipients for the month of November.
This month's winners were selected for exemplifying the character trait of Honesty.
Students, parents, staff and community members may nominate an Alief ISD employee for the Monthly MVP Award.
To nominate an employee for exemplifying the character trait of Compassion for the December MVP Awards, please submit the nomination form at www.aliefisd.net/mvp by Noon on December 4
Elementary Teacher MVP
Collins Elementary School
Secondary Teacher MVP
Aala Al Hasan
Elsik Ninth Grade Center/Alief International Academy
Support Staff MVPs
Risk Management Department
Latest Episode: College Scholarships - How to Catch the Jumbo Shrimp
Preparing High School Students for FAFSA, Scholarships, and Beyond
Superintendent HD Chambers visits with Taylor High School students and staff on the different aspects of college preparation, from how to navigate family discussions about financial aid, to different forms of assistance for college-bound students.
Thanksgiving Break (Student/Staff Holiday)
Winter Break (Student/Staff Holiday)
Dec. 23 to Jan. 3
Student Holiday/Staff Development Day
Monday, January 6