Cuthbertson Middle Staff News
- Congratulations go out to Tim Carey and his wife Jennifer. Jennifer and Tim are expecting their third child, a son, in September.
- Congratulations to Stephanie Ellis' daughter, Mariah, who will graduate from Cuthbertson High School next month. Mariah was awarded the Presidential Scholarship to the Honors Program at Coastal Carolina University.
- Congratulations to Amy Haislip's daughter, Madison. Madison will graduate from Charlotte Christian next month. Madison is undecided which college she will be attending in the fall.
- Congratulations to Heather Karpinski's daughter, Rachel. Rachel graduates from Cuthbertson High School next month and will be attending UNC at Asheville in the fall.
- Congratulations to Marguerite Louis' daughter, Jenna, who will graduate from Cuthbertson High School next month. Jenna will be attending Appalachian State University.
- Congratulations to Sue Marshall's daughter, Hannah, who will be graduating from MRHS in June. Hannah will follow in her parents' footsteps by attending Virginia Tech in the fall.
- Congratulations to Diane Scaduto's son, Christopher, who will also graduate from Cuthbertson High School. Christopher will be attending Appalachian State in the fall.
- Ms. Liao will be travelling to Taiwan for 6 weeks this summer!
- Pascale Perreau will be spending two weeks this summer in the South of France.
- Lisa Horstman and Wendy Amos will be teaching in Nanjing, China this summer with the Summer Teacher Exchange Program.
- Jill Mckenzie is participating in several races this summer; May 2nd- CHS Band 5K run, May 31- Raleigh half Ironman, June 2- Uptown Corona 5K, July 18th- Ballantyne Triathlon. She and her family will then travel to NJ and NY for an Ironman race in Lake Placid. Way to go, Jill!
- Chris Webb has exciting summer plans. Chris will visit the Badlands National Park in S Dakota, then head to Devil's Tower and Theodore Roosevelt National in Wyoming and N Dakota. Next, he is off to Montana to kayak on the Missouri River and spend a week at Glacier National Park. From there he will travel into Alberta to Banff National Park. While heading south, Chris plans to stop at Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks in Wyoming. Finally, he'll go to Utah and eventually make his way south to I-40 to Albuquerque, NM before making the trip back to NC. Chris estimates this will take 5 weeks and will drive and camp the entire trip.
- On a personal note, my husband and I will celebrate our 25 wedding anniversary in June. We are headed to Maui to celebrate!
- Safe travels to you all this summer. I hope the time off brings you rest and lots of laughter.
May, June, July, August Birthdays....
Melony Banks- May 2
Lynn Price- May 2
Dustin Woolridge- May 21
Cheryl Sullivan- May 24
Dawn Bremerman- May 25
Tim Carey- May 26
Dawn Armstrong- June 1
Cyndi Lonon- June 4
James Hancock- June 12
Ernest Marcello- June 20th
Amanda Thornton- June 29
Ms. Linda- June 27
Julie Hugaboom- July 2
Jeff Hansen- July 8
Lisa Horstman- July 8
Kimberly Steele- July 9
Michelle Goode- July 18
Tess Palmer- July 25
Ms. Janet- July 26
Evan DeAngelis- July 28
Sue Capone- August 2
Sara Ryan- August 4
Doc Bready- August 6
Kara Hupe- August 8
Sam Peppard- August 14
Dale Owens- August 14
Greg Lutz- August 24
Regina Gokey- August 24
Sandy McDermott- August 25
Chris Webb- August 27
Mildred Blakeney- August 28
A big thank you to Mr. Nesteruk for providing the Hershey's Chocolate bars to each of you on your birthday this school year. We hope you have enjoyed your chocolate treat on your special day!
Recipe Roundup from Ernest Marcello
2 Chicken Breasts
1 C Yogurt (Greek)
1Tb Chickpea Flour
1 TB Cumin
1TB Garam Masala
1TB Curry Powder (Madras)
1Tb Ginger (Minced)
2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
Mix all ingredients in non reactive bowl well. Add raw chicken and marinate overnight.
Grill or broil chicken. If broiling turn oven every 4 minutes twice.
Serve with white rice or place in a tortilla with cucumbers and yogurt.
Fish en Papilliote
1 piece of fish skinned (Mahi , salmon or tilapia)
Asparagus or green beans (6-8)
¼ C white wine
¼ c chicken stock
3 sprigs thyme
1 large sheet parchment paper
1 Tb butter
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Place all vegetables on ½ bottom of paper and season with salt and pepper.
Place fish on top of veg and season.
Add butter on top of fish and begin to fold other half of paper over and crimp to seal edges together.
Before all paper is sealed add liquids.
Place paper on cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes . Paper should puff up. Cut open packet and plate fish/vegetables.
“Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.”
—Khalil Gibran (1883-1931)
Artist, Poet, Writer