NCVPS Spanish 4 Honors
con la Sra. Beverly Myers
WEEKS 17 & 18, May 20-26 and May 27-31
This is my last SMORE for this semester. I have communicated with all parents the past couple of weeks about student progress, but if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. My contact info is at the end of this newsletter.
Please speak with your student and make sure he/she has completed all assignments for Units 2-8 and is completing the Final Required Live Class, the Final Exam and the Final Project.
There are two parts to the Final Project. There is the project itself (Part 1) and a reflection in English (Part 2). The Final Project/Exam count 20% of a student's final grade. 10% for the Final Project and 10% for the Final Exam.
When completing the exam section -- there is only one attempt. The exam consists of about 40 questions. It is timed for 2 hours.
The class will close on Friday, May 31, at 11:59 pm when the Final Required Live Class, the Final Exam and the Final Project are due. I will have everything graded (hopefully) by Monday morning, June 3. I will be submitting grades for my grade report on Tuesday night, June 4. I will contact a student if there is a problem with any assignments that they have submitted for the project or any questions that I may have.
Final Project - Assignment Directions
- You are going to imagine you are a rich son/daughter and you are like the people we studied in U7L4. You live in the USA and you want to attend a Hispanic university in another country in order to become bilingual. You have traveled to several countries mentioned in Units 2-8 to visit the universities.
- Describe your trip with grammar and concepts from U2-8.
- Written section, Audio section (needs to be different from the writing) and Visual section-cite your images.
You need an introduction (motive, itinerary, country) answering these questions:
- Además de querer mejorar tu español, ¿por qué quieres asistir a una universidad hispana? Menciona algunos beneficios de estudiar al extranjero.
- ¿Cómo imaginas que tu vida universitaria va a ser diferente de tu vida de la escuela secundaria?
- ¿Qué piensas estudiar en la universidad?
- ¿Cuál carrera escogerías si pudieras hacer lo que amas?
- ¿Cuáles son las dos (2) destinaciones de tu viaje? (Tienes que escoger un país de dos (2) de las regiones mencionadas abajo.)
- ¿Cuál es el país de origen de tu familia? (Escoge uno de los paises de tu viaje.)
- Describe brevemente porque quieres conocer estos dos (2) paises como posibles lugares para estudiar.
- ¿Cuál es tu itinerario?
- ¿Viajaste solo/a, con alguien de tu familia o algún amigo/a?
Body of your project: Choose 2 destinations/regions (from list in assignment). Make sure you answer the questions for the different regions/countries. (You will have written content for one region and a recording for the other region. You need pictures for both regions, one for the recording and one for the written region. )
For the Conclusion, answer these questions:
- Incluye la información solicitada abajo.
- Para cada país o región que visitaste, explica por qué te gustaría estudiar en este país o por qué no. Por ejemplo, ¿cuáles son los pro y los contra de cada lugar?
- ¿En cuál país quieres asistir a la universidad?
- ¿El país que escogiste es el país de origen de tu familia hispana?
- Explica las razones y intereses de tu decisión.
Part 2: Reflexión ( en inglés or español)
Talk about what and how you have learned Spanish in this (online) course. (You may add this as a part 2 in the project tool you used above or you may do it as a separate word document.)
- What differences have you seen between the Spanish language and your native language? What did you find interesting and exciting about the Spanish culture?
- What do you hope to learn if you continue to study the Spanish language?
- We have learned elements of a language in a different teaching/learning style than you may be used to. Talk about your experience with learning Spanish in an online class. What did you like about the course? What did you not like and/or what could be improved?
- What things did you do that helped you learn Spanish in this course? What things can you do to improve your own Spanish learning in the future?
- What things did your professor do to help you with your learning? Was there anything that your professor didn't do, but would have helped you