Out Of My Mind
By Sharon M. Draper
Melody--The Next Disabled Genius
Out Of My Mind is an amazing story about a girl named Melody who is disabled but, a genius and wishes to be like a normal girl. One day she get's the chance to start doing classes with the un-disabled kids. She meets a girl in her class named Rose and they become best friends. A couple weeks later she get's an aide named Catherine. Hope you enjoy the book!
- Age Range 9-13
- Grade Level: 4-7
- Paperback: 295
- Atheneum Books For Young Readers
- Language English
Best Quotes From Out Of My Mind
- The whump and whoosh of the furnace coming alive each morning.
- Jazz music drives mom crazy, which is probably why dad puts it on.
- When i was really little, i remember sitting in our kitchen, being fed breakfast by mom, and a song came on the radio that made me screech with joy.
- I'm surrounded by thousands of words. Maybe millions. Cathedral. Mayonnaise. Pomegranate. Mississippi. Neapolitan. Hippopotamus. Silky. Terrifying. Iridescent. Tickle. Sneeze. Wish. Worry. Words have always swirled around me like snowflakes-each one delicate and different, each one melting untouched in my hands.