The Parker Post
4th Grade News
Monday, May 2nd, 2016.....Late Edition!
Can anyone relate?!
May 1st- Charging breakfast/lunch will no longer be allowed
May 6th - All library books due back!
May 7th- ROAR Run
May 9th - 5th grade talent show
May 12th - 4th grade class party and Field Day!!!
May 13th - Last Day of School! Out at 12:30! End of the Year Honor's Assembly at 8:45am!
Wilson's Creek Fun!
Grade Level Improvement Plan (GLIP) Update
73% of all Price 4th grader's are proficient or higher in writing! Woo-Hoo! We're so close to our goal of 100%!
Our Building Level Improvement Plan (BSIP) Goals are:
- 100% of Price K-5th will be at proficient or mastery levels on quarterly writing grade-level assessments.
SAVE THE DATE: ROAR RUN MAY 7th!!!!
The third annual ROAR Run 5K and 1 mile fun run will take place on Saturday, May 7 this year! More details are forthcoming regarding registration, event details and our elementary and RMS running club opportunities.
Please consider participating in the race or as a volunteer!
Over 1000 people were in attendance last year, and we are looking forward to another great event in 2016!
Click here to see summer school offerings! Registration will be online only, and the deadline to enroll will be May 6.
Keep in mind, students will be enrolled in the grade level they will attend for the 2016-2017 school year (EX: current 5th graders will enroll at RMS as 6th graders, current 8th graders will enroll at RHS as 9th graders). This means that incoming kindergarten students are eligible to enroll as well!
Breakfast and lunch will be provided FREE of charge for all children 18 and under. We are excited to be offering Spanish as a special class for our elementary students! Transportation will not be provided by the district.
Summer school will take place Monday through Friday using the below schedule:
Elementary: May 31-June 24 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:10 p.m. (Kindergarten pick-up at 2:50 p.m.)
Next Week at a Glance
- Writing: We will finish our research projects.
- Foundations and Reading: We will take this extra time for our research projects.
- Math: We will begin math projects. (Don't panic, it will all be done here!)
- Science: We will continue learning about circuits and electricity.
- Please call and let the office know if there will be any changes in transportation at the end of the day!
- We have one snack each day at either 10:30 or 2:00. Please make sure your child DOES NOT bring any snack that has nuts in it. We have students with food allergies.
- Reading Logs are due EVERY day except Monday! Reading at home is so important!