Stay on top of what's going on!
What are we learning?
The topics of this first unit are:
- Industrialized vs. Developing worlds
- Five Themes of Geography
- Seven Elements of Culture
- Ethnocentrism & Racism
- Map Skills.
Here are a few questions to help your student review for our Unit Zero Test:
- Describe the characteristics of an industrialized country. List one example.
- Describe the characteristics of a developing country. List one example.
- How did countries become industrialized or developing? Explain a brief history of the world that explains this progression.
- What are the five themes of geography?
- Explain the seven elements of culture.
- Define ethnocentrism and racism, then explain the difference between discrimination and prejudice.
- How did you review map skills? What terms are key to understanding maps? What types of map will you be studying this year?
What is Schoology?
If you would like access to Schoology, please take a moment to submit the Parent/Guardian Information Form, which is included below.
By Friday, February 19th, I will email a private access to any parent/guardian who would like to access Schoology.