Positive Change > Negative People
What is Cyberbullying?
Cyberbullying is the use of electronic devices to bully, intimidate and/or threaten another person over the internet through hateful messages.
The most common places on the internet where cyberbullying occurs are:
- Social Media (Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook)
- SMS (Text Messages)
- Instant Messages
Some of the most common cyberbullying tactics include:
- Posting comments or rumors about someone that are mean, hurtful, or embarrassing
- Threatening to hurt someone, or telling them to kill themselves
- Posting a mean or hurtful picture or video
- Posting mean or hateful names, comments, or content about any race, religion, ethnicity, or other personal characteristics
- Creating a mean or hurtful webpage about someone