5 4 3 2 1 ...
By Genevieve Rivard and Maddie Benedetti
The Industrial Revolution
The Industrial Revolution was a time of modernization, with out it our daily lives would be much more difficult.
5 Significant Technologies Created During the Industrial Revolution:
· Stock Breeding
· Sewing Machine
4 Modern Day Impacts the Industrial Revolution and Imperialism had on Our Life
1) The Industrial Revolution has had a great impact on our modern day lives. The new technology, whether it was machines making textiles or processing farm foods, made the development of creating the product faster and more efficient. For example, the flying shuttle increased the speed of weaving which increased the production rate.
2) The telegraph increased communication throughout the nation. It provided people with news that would usually take days to reach them. Over time, it inspired Alexander Graham Bell to invent the world’s first telephone.
4) The printing press changed the world dramatically. It made printing books and newspapers easier, faster, and cheaper. Since the price was now cheaper, more and more people began to read the newspaper. With more people demanding the daily news, factories needed more workers, which created more jobs.
3 Negative Effects of the Industrial Revolution and Imperialism
1) The Industrial Revolution was a great improvement in society for many reasons, but there were negative effects that came along with it. For example, the cotton gin was an invention that made the process of taking the seeds out of the cotton plants much easier. Unfortunately, this made the need for slavery increase.
3) Urbanization is the process in which towns and cities are formed. During the Industrial Revolution many small towns were transformed into large cities. Even though urbanization brought in wealth, it had some negative effects. The increase of cities created more pollution and caused neighborhoods to be dirty and crowded. Due to Imperialism the opposite was happening in Africa. The British took authority over the African's homes and properties leaving them with very little.
2 Reasons of how the Industrial Revolution and Imperialism are Connected
1) The Industrial revolution and imperialism are connected because there was a demand of raw materials that the Western world needed, but had a small supply of. In order to better their industries they took over a specific region to gain the materials required.
1 How the Industrial Revolution and Imperialism Lead to World War 1
1) Nationalism was rising in Europe which caused aggression between countries.
Because of the Industrial Revolution, countries had economic competition with the other European nations around them and feared war between them. This helped in creating military alliances. Imperialism caused envy between European countries. Germany and Italy wanted a colonial empire just like the British. They also wanted a place where they could gather raw materials and have cheap labor. Overtime the friction gathered between each country in Europe lead to World War 1.
Pictures Work Cited
Printing Press: https://peabody.harvard.edu/files/Printing-Press_0.jpg