As defined in our administrative procedure for School Volunteers, there are a variety of forms one may need to become a volunteer in one of our three volunteer levels. In recent weeks, we have collected all forms and the procedure document in one place on our website. Use the link below to access our administrative procedures or follow this breadcrumb trail.
- Start at the DISTRICT WEBSITE (www.maryville-schools.org)
- SCHOOL BOARD
- ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES
- 4.501 SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS
Your volunteer service is important and appreciated. THANK YOU!
THE SEASON OF GIVING
How often do you reflect on your experience or that of your child in the Maryville City Schools and feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude?
During this season of giving, the Maryville City Schools Foundation Board of Directors invites you to support the organization's annual campaign. These facts are worthy of your consideration:
- $160,785 granted in our schools during the past year.
- All seven schools and the Children's Fund regularly request funding.
- Any teacher or administrator can submit a funding request.
You can make a tax-deductible donation by:
- Mailing a check to the address below
- Using your PayPal account https://www.paypal.me/MCSFoundation
- Online at www.maryvillecityschoolsfoundation.org or LINK HERE
Thank you for your consideration and for helping us continue the legacy of excellence that allows our students to excel now and for years to come.
TN Promise MENTORS needed
We need your help! The TN Promise program will be responsible for the transition of 60,000 high school seniors to higher ed opportunities around the state in this school year. The deadline to signup as a 2020 volunteer mentor is December 6. In Blount County, we currently need fewer than 40 to fill all the slots. Thanks for considering this opportunity to make a difference in the life of a student.
Interested volunteers can apply at https://tnachieves.org/mentors/apply/.
CENSUS 2020 Workers Needed
The US Census is seeking workers during the 2020 summer break. One could expect flexible hours, a 20-40 hour work week, and a wage of $13.50 per hour. You could also expect to be reimbursed for mileage at $.58 per mile. Applications are now being accepted at 2020census.gov/job. Click on the green APPLY NOW button on the top right side of the page.
CALENDAR of EVENTS
- 3-17 ... MHS EOC STATE TESTING
- 7 ... Maryville plays Ravenwood in the TSSAA 6A Football Championship game at 7:00 PM in Cookeville (TTU Tucker Stadium) GO REBELS!
- 9 ... SCHOOL BOARD MEETING @ 5:30PM (MHS)
- 11 ... Unicycle Club performs at the UT Lady Vols game
- 13 ... Multiple elementary musical performances at McGhee Tyson Airport
- 16 ... MRIS Spelling Bee
- 19 ... Last day for students before Winter Break
In addition, there are band, orchestra, choral, and drama performances too many to mention. This link will give you more specifics on our fine arts programming in December.
The same is true for sports - too many to mention. However, we hope you will come out and support your favorite team in December. You will find more details on the athletics website, linked below.