Volume 15 Issue 11 May 6, 2019
May 6th-AP Gov AM/AP Environmental PM
May 7th-AP Spanish AM/AP Physics PM
May 7th-Spring Band Concert @6 PM
May 8th-AP Euro PM
May 8th-Faculty Meeting
May 9th-AP Chem AM/AP Psych PM
May 10th-Copies of Final Exams Due to Evaluating Principal
May 10th-AP US History AM/AP Computer Science Prin. PM
May 10th-Deadlines for Seniors
May 13th-AP Bio AM
May 14th-AP Calc AM/AP Human Geo PM
May 15th-AP English Lang AM
May 16th-AP Stats PM
May 16th- Final Exams for 2nd & 4th
May 17th - Final Exams for 1st/3rd/5th
May 17th-Graduation 7:00 PM with Project Graduation to follow 11 PM-5 AM
May 20th - Closing Day for Teachers
June 8th- National ACT Testing Date
Aug 1st - 9th Grade Open House 5-7 PM
US News & World Report!!
GREAT JOB SOUTHWESTERN!!
AP Testing--AP Testing begins May 6th and runs through May 17th, though testing for SWHS ends on Thursday, May 16th. These tests could be either in the morning or the afternoon. Remind students if they are taking an afternoon test that they will need to arrange for a way home besides the bus. AP Testing includes students at all grade levels.
Testing locations will be in various classrooms in the math/science wing of the building, which will mean that some classes will be relocated to different parts of the building. Please be aware of these changes to the regular schedule and be patient with students (and teachers) as they adjust.
There will be no bells during this 2 week period. Schedules were sent from John Hargis and Doug Grider that contain instructions about the daily test schedule and rooms/locations/displaced teachers.
Class of 2019--Important Dates
- May 10th-Senior Final Exams Deadline
- May 10th-Senior Final Grades Posted in IC (notify John Hargis of any issues with senior grades)
- May 10th-Names of ANY seniors that owe for textbooks, calculators, or any other unpaid fees to John Hargis & Stephen Butcher. Teachers need to make parent/guardian contact as well.
- May 17th-Senior Cap & Gown Picture/Graduation Rehearsal/Warrior Walk/Senior Lunch to follow
- May 13th-Baccalaureate @6:00 PM Oak Hill Baptist Church
- May 17th-Graduation @7:00 PM in Gymnasium
- May 17th-Project Graduation 11:00 PM - 5:00 AM
Faculty that are senior sponsors (senior homeroom teachers) need to see Mr. Hargis in Guidance to help out with graduation and/or Project Graduation.
All faculty are encouraged to participate in both events.