December 14th, 2015
- 3x5 Index Cards
- Pencils (preferably pre-sharpened)
- Hand sanitizer
Please join us for our musical showcase on Thursday, the 17th.
What is ISTEP?
Please note: If you have questions about these tests or their content, please visit the Parent Portal link in the "Important Information" section below.
Our Focus this Week
· Writing Workshop: How can we use constructed response to answer questions? (restate question, give answer, support with two details)
· Reading Workshop: What wonders do we have about holidays/celebrations? How can we research to find information about these holidays? - We will be taking two reading assessments early in the week to see how our reading skills have grown this quarter.
· Math Workshop: How can we find the perimeter and area of shapes? - Due to the special events at the end of the week, we will not have a Monday/Wednesday page or weekly check this week.
· Social Studies: What have we learned about sound and light this quarter?
Math: As we study perimeter and area, it would be wonderful for students to get some real-world experience at home. Can your child measure the walls of a room in your home and calculate the perimeter/area?
Writing: As our year comes to a close, challenge your child to make goals for 2016. These goals can be written out and posted for encouragement or hidden away as a time-capsule.
Try out MobyMax by going to https://www.mobymax.com/signin and entering the log in information students brought home in the front covers of their agendas!
Volunteering in our Classroom
-Reading with Students
-Helping with a Clerical Task
-Talking to Students about your Work Skills or Hobbies
-Being an Expert who Teaches us a Lesson during a Science or Social Studies Unit
then please contact me through email@example.com, and we will work to find an available date for you to come in. We love learning from our volunteers!
Please order books online through the link below. Our classroom code is L9MT8. Thank you!
What's Going on Here at Cumberland Road Elementary School?
Lunch Visits and Background Checks
For more information on background checks and the anti-bullying webinar, please visit: