Mount Saint Agnes Comings & Goings
Friday, May 13, 2016
Elementary Students should not be left unattended in the Courtyard. We do provide a Homework Club for Grades 3 - 5 from Monday to Wednesday. This is not a babysitting service or a replacement for the After School Program. At no time should students younger than grade 3 be in the Homework Club. Students should not be left to care for their younger siblings in the Homework Club. The Main Office is not a place to ask your child to wait. The Main Office closes at 4 pm.
Mr. Burgess, Gate Supervisor, has been instructed by Administration that Elementary Students left unattended in the Courtyard after 3:30 pm will be escorted to the After School Program. Parent will be billed accordingly.
REMINDER: students should bring a hat for outdoor play and PE and their water bottles. It is important that students stay hydrated during this warmer season.
- Tuesday 17th - MSA School Salute
- Thursday 19th - Elementary Assembly at 8:35am; MS Assembly during TA
- Friday 20th - Denim and Orange non-uniform day in support of MS ($2)
- Saturday 21st - Home & School Dessert BINGO
- Tuesday 24th - NO SCHOOL - Bermuda Day Holiday
- Thursday 26th - National Honor Society Induction Ceremony at 9am
- Friday 27th - Non-uniform day for Relay for Life - $5
- Friday 27th - Senior Retreat; Relay For Life begins at 6pm
MSA School Salute - Tuesday, May 17th
Calling all Elementary Parents!
We would love you to join us for our Morning Salute on Tuesday. There will be a group of students who have volunteered to wave to commuters along East Broadway between 7:30am and 8:30am – but we’d love to have a group represent our school right from our school block as well! Come a little early, grab some blue and white ribbon streamers and walk around the corner to Dundonald St. and Cedar Ave. to wave at passersby before school begins.
Send Laura Lyons an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm whether you are able to help wave and for more details.
What should you expect on the day? Join us for any and all of the following:
• 7:30am-8:30pm MSA Morning Salute @ East Broadway (students can be dropped off near BUEI and the group will return to school together)
• 7:30am-8:30pm MSA Morning Salute @ MSA (corner of Dundonald St & Cedar Ave) Elementary and Middle School parents and students are welcome to grab some blue & white ribbon streamers as supplies last to wave.
• 8:00am Early morning coffee for parents & guardians in the MSA courtyard
• 12:00pm-1:00pm MSA Saints Band @ various locations in the City of Hamilton
• ALL DAY - buy the Royal Gazette and read the MSA Messenger
• ALL DAY - wear blue & white to represent MSA (school ties, class rings, school shirts are also highly encouraged!)
MSA Messenger will be online! The Bermuda National School Salute website – salute.rg.bm – is a national platform for the LEADERS OF TOMORROW of Bermuda. Featuring each participating school's paper, sharing our successes in each of our schools, check out the MSA Messenger once it is published on the 17th!
The Bermuda National School Salute is aimed to send a powerful message together by sharing our successes and letting the community know education is alive and well in our community!
On social media, please use: #rgschoolsalute #reppinmsa #MSAmessenger #blueandwhite & #throughfaithandlearning to link and promote any posts you might make of our school salute on the day.
Relay For Life
MSA has two teams, MSA Saints and Lil' Saints, participating again in this year's Relay For Life charity event being held on May 27th 6:00 pm - 28th, 6:00 pm.
Luminary Bags will be available through the MSA office at $10/bag. Decorate a bag to remember a loved one. Bags will be given to the Relay For Life Committee and they will be displayed around the track during the ceremony on May 27th.
Please consider walking the track and support our MSA Teams. You will need to register online and then join one of the MSA teams.
We are in need for Elementary Students to walk the track on Saturday. Mrs. Moench and Mr. Tonak will be at the track all day and will be providing supervision.
The MSA Music Program is looking for any used instruments that could be used for our Band Program. If you have a spare flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, euphonium, or tuba we would gladly take it off your hands! Please contact Sophia Sontag at email@example.com
Please email the school office for an application form for the Toby Colombe Memorial Sports Scholarship.
Beloved PE teacher Toby Colombe worked at MSA from 2005 until November 2007, when he died tragically in a motorcycle accident.
The Toby Colombe Memorial Scholarship was established in his name to assist with the development and promotion of sporting excellence in middle and high school students of Mount Saint Agnes Academy. This scholarship aims to support the recipients in developing their talents and success in their chosen sports.
To qualify applicants must be currently participating in at least a junior or national or international level in their chosen sport.
Submissions are due to Mrs. Bonnie Exell by Friday, May 20th.
MSA Lil' Saints Summer Camp
Awesome August Camp will be held for two weeks in August starting August 15th – August 26th, from 8:00am – 4:00pm (extended hours available until 5:30pm). The camp will be held at St. Michael’s Church Hall in Paget. Contact Kelly Rodday at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration.
Uniform Shop Hours
Tuesday 17th, & 31st: 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Thursday 26th: 8:15 am - 9:15 am