May 9, 2019
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Hello Roosevelt families! A few brief reminders for the week--thanks for taking the time to stay in the know.
• Get on the Beam: You are invited to participate in Habitat for Humanity's 21st annual "Get on the Beam" Campaign. The beam is a 2x4 located in the Roosevelt Office. Please donate a dollar or more and sign the 2x4. The beam will become part of the framework for a Habitat house in St. Peter or LeSueur. Your donations will purchase building materials. Thank you for your contributions.
• The Roosevelt Carnival will be here before you know it! This year, it will held rain or shine on Thursday, May 16 from 5:00-7:00pm. This event simply cannot happen without many, many volunteers. Please consider helping using this online link!!! Thank you, in advance, for your willingness to help make this happen! Please have the students bring in the following items for the carnival starting next Monday, May 13.
1st + 2nd grade: 12 pack of snack packs
3rd grade: package of bottled water
4th grade GIRLS: 12 pack of cola
4th grade BOYS: 12 pack of orange, root beer or Sprite
5th grade GIRLS: 12 pack of Mt Dew5th grade BOYS: 12 pack of diet pop
• Jump Rope for Heart: On behalf of the American Heart Association and the millions of Americans we serve, thank you very much for your school's donation of *$3,239.00. Families and schools are critical links in providing the foundation for cardiovascular wellness in our country. By holding this event at your school each year, you raise awareness about heart-healthy living. And you help us fund more lifesaving scientific research and critically needed education efforts. Thank you.
• Rocky Time: Today we CELEBRATED...we celebrated persistence and kicked-off our theme of "Looking to our Future". The West High School Concert band played for us, and three former Raccoons talked with all of us about the importance of sticking with things and looking to the future. It was an AMAZING celebration!
• 5th Grade Parents: DMMS is offering up the option of ordering some DMMS gear for your child as they transition to DMMS. To order, use this link. Go to the Team Stores and enter the code DMSS19.
2nd Grade to the Zoo
Thank you to the PTO for sponsoring the 2nd grade field trip to the Minnesota Zoo last Friday. It was all-around an AWESOME experience!
Reading & ALPS Course Winners
Kudos to this month's winners. Keep up the great work, Raccoons!
Congrats to Adelina, Brynley, and Ella who were honored at last night's Author's Reception at MSU. They each had pieces of writing that were selected to be published in an anthology. The writing contest was sponsored by the South Central Services Cooperative. Congratulations to these writers!