4-H Friday News Blast for 6-07-2019
Our New Educator is Lauren Stohlmann - WELCOME!
June 15th deadlines are --- NEXT WEEK!
Livestock ID's sheets, EID tags, Scrapie tags, DNA envelopes and purebred's registration papers all due on or before June 15th
- You can purchase EID tags for your livestock at the Extension Office, they are $2.00 each
- Clover Kid animals must also have tags/ear notches/tattoos.
- Sheep and Goats do not need EID tags, they need scrapies tags
- Rabbits need tattoos for identification
- If you have livestock, you will need a premises ID #. Go to: http://www.nda.nebraska.gov/adt/premises.html Bring # to the Extension Office.
- ID sheets can be found on our website at: https://extension.unl.edu/statewide/cass/animal-id-sheets/or you can pick them up at the Extension Office
- DNA envelopes are due June 15th.
- YQCA training is due June 15. Bring your certificates to the office.
Information about all of this can be found on our website at: https://extension.unl.edu/statewide/cass/livestock-information-for-cass-county/
July 15th is the NEXT deadline!
The County Fair Pre-Entry Deadline
New this year ... Contest pre-entry on-line ... Due July 15th
If you are participating in any of the following contests, you will need to register online:
- Table Setting,
- Shooting Sports, or
- Tractor Driving
- Those participating in Performing Arts have the option for either online or paper form.
Fashion Show participants will still use a paper form due to the narration, photo, and/or fabric samples required.
See the Pre-Entry Forms on our website for more information.
Livestock Online registration is OPEN
This registration is for livestock projects you are exhibiting at the county fair. Register online at https://cass.fairwire.com/. Directions and FAQs available at: https://extension.unl.edu/statewide/cass/showorks-entry-instructions-for-livestock-entries/.
Registration deadline for livestock you are bringing to the fair is July 15th.
Dogs, cats, and ferrets must submit vaccine certifications by July 15th.
Progress Show, Clinics, and Workshops around the state! There are TOO MANY to list them all here.
Cass County Summer W-O-R-K-S-H-O-P-S
Workshops Next week ...
Babysitting Workshop in Cass County
Clover Kid Activities
The suggested summer activity is called "Laying a Foundation for Mental Health Conversations with Cloverbud Members"
If you visit their website, browse their past issues. I know you'll find something you can use!
Check the calendars below ...
County 4-H Calendar
June 9 ... 33rd Annual Papio Valley 4-H Show (Beef, Goat, and Sheep) ... Springfield, NE
June 12 ... Colossal Cookies at Extension Office
June 13 ... Bees Workshops
June 15 ... Adventure Camp at EN4HC
June 15 .... New deadline for beef DNA for state fair
June 15 ... 4-H Day Camp for kids 6-11
June 19 ... Clover Kid Workshops (one in the morning, one in the afternoon)
June 20 ... Showing your Dog Workshop at Extension Office
June 21 ... OJO De Dios workshop at Extension Office
June 25-26 ... Community Service at Extension Office
June 25 ... Quilts of Valor Quilting at Extension Office
July 1-2 ... Tractor Safety Training at Cass County Extension Office
Aug 7-10 .... Cass County Fair 2019
State 4-H Calendar:
Registrations for Summer 4-H Camp - website now open, early-bird deadline April 15th.
CWF 2020 (Citizen's Washington Focus) - applications still be taken.
June 7 - Pollination Basics, Article by Sarah Browning
June 9 - 33rd Annual Papio Valley 4-H Show (Beef, Goat, and Sheep) ... Springfield, NE
June 16 - Platte County Swine Progress Show
June 29 - Rabbit Progress Show/Clinic in Burchard, NE
June 29 - Chase County Classic 4-H Horse Show in Imperial, NE
June 29 - Dairy Goat Show in Clay Center, NE
July 8-12 - NAYI
June of 2020 - Citizenship Washington Focus in Washington D.C.
Ag Information & Other Opportunities:
- Workshops - "Troubleshooting the Landscape" ... June 13th
- You can pick up an Open Class fairbook at our office.
- Geoscience Field Trip for Nebraska High School Juniors and Seniors (it's FREE!) ... July 12-22, 2019
- Nebraska Extension Publications ... online Library
Nebraska Extension Cass County
Lauren Stohlmann, Extension Educator and Unit Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org
Katie Kreuser, Extension Educator, email@example.com
Tracy Ensor, Extension Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sondra Buell, Office Manager, email@example.com
Harlee Brauckmuller, 4-H Summer Intern, firstname.lastname@example.org
General Mailbox, email@example.com