Mrs. Mitzel's Classroom News
Monday, November 10 - Friday, November 14, 2014
We have a new student in our class! Let's give a great big Welcome to Kameron Rigo!
Wednesday, Nov 12 is Picture Day... Group Pictures and Make up pictures!
- If you haven't sent in money for the Disney on Ice fieldtrip, please get it in ASAP!
- Turkey feathers are on sale until Thursday, Nov. 20th. The person with the most feathers will dress up as a turkey for everyone to see on November 21st!
- Please send in canned goods and nonperishable items by Friday morning, Nov. 21st. The class with the most donated items will receive a pizza party.
Don't miss the snack calendar for the next two weeks of November! (listed below)
What we are learning this week:
Our weekly story: The Big Circle
Question of the week: How do animal communities work together to survive?
Spelling words: home, hope, rose, woke, those, bone, hose, joke, rode, stone
High frequency words: down, inside, now, there together
Amazing words: enemy, extinct, protect, crater, holler, swamp, bluff, boisterous
Phonics: Long o: o_e, Contractions
Conventions: Proper nouns: Days, Months, Holidays
Math: Collecting and Using Data; Real Graphs, Bar Graphs, Picture Graphs, Tally Marks
Spelling city assignments:
Homework this week:
Read the weekly story each night
Monday - Language Sheet - Write spelling words 3x each OR Spelling City
Tuesday - Math Sheet -Sentences with first 5 spelling words OR Spelling City
Wednesday - Language Sheet - Sentences with last 5 words OR Spelling City
Thursday - Math Sheet - Put spelling words in alphabetical order OR Spelling City
Friday - No Homework! Have a great weekend!
If for some reason you don't have the homework one night and need to get it, just message me and I will get it posted for you.
Thank you to everyone who sent in snacks last week!
If there are ever any problems with sending snacks, please let me know.
We have no peanut or other food allergies in our classroom :)
We currently have 27 students in our class.
Following is the schedule for the first two weeks of November:
Monday, November 10 - Mckynze
Tuesday, November 11 - Austin
Wednesday, November 12 - Maddyson
Thursday, November 13 - Owen
Friday, November 14 - Elijah (Elijah's birthday is on Sunday, the 16th)
Monday, November 17 - Clontia
Tuesday, November 18 - Jazlyn
Wednesday, November 19 - Thomas
Thursday, November 20 - LeAsia
Friday, November 21 - Jaden
- On your snack day, please send enough snacks for 27 students.
- If your snack requires additional supplies, such as cups, plates, spoons, straws, napkins, etc., please send those items too (we might not have those supplies in the classroom)