Volume 1 Issue 15
Points to Ponder
Thought of the week: There is no such thing as a kid who hates reading. There are kids who love reading and kids who are reading the wrong books. -James Patterson
Friday Funday: Show your support for the Panthers on this Friday!
- As a reminder, the F and P window is open and will close on January 22nd. Grade level data meetings are scheduled for January 28th during grade level planning.
- There will be a lockdown drill on Tuesday at 8:30. Mr. Griffin sent out the instructions last week. Please be sure to read them and make your students aware of the procedures.
- The Catawba Nuclear training is Wednesday at 2:50 in the Media Center. All staff, certified and non-certified staff members. This does not include cafeteria workers. Non-certified staff-we will work out a way for you to get your time back.
- Book Clubs will meet on January 20th at 2:50. Please be sure that you are keeping up with your reading and that your group is pacing themselves to be ready to present to the entire group in May.
- Please make sure that you have your ID badges at all times. In the event of an emergency it may be the only access through secure doors.
- Please make sure that you take radios to the playground at recess. When the office cannot communicate with teachers (i.e. for Early Dismissal) it looks bad on our staff. It will also speed up assistance (Medical / Administration) in the event of an emergency.
- Please make sure that you let the office know anytime you are not in your room. (Same reasons as above)
Please relay to parents when they send a transportation request that they copy Mr. Finch and when you replay, please reply all. This will keep parents from calling later in the day asking if you received the email and it will keep Mr. Finch from disturbing your class.