Get Techie with Irene
Technology Information for your Classroom
About Ms. Bal
My name is Irene Bal and I am very excited to be your Technology Educator! I earned a B.M. from Furman University, and a M.M.E. and M.E. from the University of South Carolina. I have taught for 10 years, nine of which were in Richland One. I began teaching in Richland One as a high school band director for five years, worked three years as an elementary music teacher, and am currently in my second year as a technology educator. I have received school and personal grants in technology, was awarded Tech Savvy Teacher of the Year, have received multiple honorable mentions in the Visual Literacy Festival for Richland One, and have recently become an Edmodo Ambassador. If you have any questions, please contact me, email is best! You can also follow me on Twitter! I look forward to a great year of teaching and learning!
Need Technology for a 1-to-1 Experience?
Are you interested in doing an activity in which every student needs a device? Do you have limited access to devices to create that 1-to-1 environment? If this is you, contact me! I have access to a class set of iPods for Project Based Learning, Assessments, QR Code activities, etc. that you can use in your classroom! I will help you develop the lesson (if needed), bring the devices, assist with trouble shooting, and help teach the lesson (if needed).
Interested in Incorporating Distance Learning in Your Classroom?
Did You Know? Technology Integration Resources
- I can model and teach a technology integrated lesson in your classroom?
- I can plan lessons with you to integrate the DLE laptops, iPads, iPods, Nooks, Document Cameras, etc. into your classroom?
- I have a VX-1 Conference Station you can use for your Skype, FaceTime, Google Hangouts distance learning conference?
- I have iPods I can bring into your classroom for students to use for Project Based Learning, Assessments, and QR Code Activities?
- I can come to parent events to showcase technology integration in the classroom, promote technology resources available to them through RCSD1, and teach/show parents how to use technology to support their children?
If you are interested in any of these things, or more, please email me! I look forward to continuing to collaborate with you!
Reading Rocks 2015
Saturday, Oct. 3rd, 9am-1pm
3455 Pine Belt Rd
- Family Feud Competitions
- Family Photos
- Family Service Providers
- National and Local Authors
- Free Book Distributions
- School Performances
- Literacy Parade, Character
- Community Celebrities, State, and National Queens