Glenview Library Letter
September 18, 2014
Notes from the Library...
- Library computers are available to students for AR, Imagine Learning, Raz Kids, or other programs that you need them to work on. You might consider asking them to take the AR quiz when they come to return the book, and then check out a new book before heading back. Or, send them with a note if you would like them to spend some time working on another program. Just indicate on the note what time they need to be back in your room.
- Last call for library pockets! I think I gave a set to everyone that wanted them, but just in case I missed anyone, please let me know if you would like some. We have plenty.
- Please remind students that if they have a question and I am teaching a class, they need to ask Ms. Mara.
- Please email both me and Mara when you have a new student who needs a library card. or when you need books pulled on a topic. Thanks!
The Dewey Club
- This club is open to all first through fourth grade students. To join, students may stop by the Library to pick up a booklet.
- They will need to read one book in each of the 10 Dewey Decimal categories, plus one biography, and keep track of it using the booklet.
- For each book, they will record the title, author, call number, and two interesting facts learned. They will take the AR test if there is one.
- Then, they students can turn in the booklet to join the club!
- All students who complete the tasks will earn a free nonfiction book of their choice! They will also have their name and photo featured in a display.
Please tell your class about the Dewey Club. Any interested students can pick up a booklet any time they come to the library to check out books.
HMH Think Central
Quote of the Week
If I was a book, I would like to be a library book, so I would be taken home by all different sorts of kids.
Glenview Library... More than just books!
Items available for teachers:
Professional Collection-- located in the Conference Room near the library entrance
-some new books were added recently....check them out!
Playaways (audiobooks)-- on Playaway display rack
Big Books-- located in the Library Office/Workroom
DVDs and VHS-- located in the Library Office/WorkroomBooks on tape-- located in the Library Office/Workroom