Wolf Pack Weekly
November 2, 2018
UPCOMING EVENTS ON CAMPUS
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, November 6th-November 8th - PACK Tutoring (3:00-4:00pm, Library) https://goo.gl/VPDx6L
Wednesday, November 7th - A Midsummer Night's Dream (7:00pm, Theatre)
Thursday, November 8th - A Midsummer Night's Dream (4:00pm, Theatre)
Friday, November 9th - A Midsummer Night's Dream (7:00pm, Theatre)
UPCOMING DATES AND DEADLINES
No School - Veteran's Day - Monday, November 12th
No School - Thanksgiving Break - Monday, November 19th through Friday, November 23rd
Dance Fusion Showcase - November 29th and 30th
Creative Paws Art Show - November 30th
SCHOOL TOURS FOR INTERESTED INCOMING STUDENTS
INFORMATION REGARDING TUTORING
The PACK after school tutoring program will begin on October 9th. Students seeking additional academic support are welcome to attend Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 3:00-4:00 p.m. in the Library. Busing to the E. Vista Way/Arcadia stop will be available to students with a current VUSD bus pass. (Thank you to the Timberwolves Foundation for making the busing possible!)
CSF Tutoring Information
GRADING PERIOD INFORMATION
We are now in the second semester of our Fall Term!
Final Exams will be held on Tuesday, December 18th and Wednesday, December 19th.
- Students should come hang out, play games, and listen to music with PLUS Beach Chair Monday on November 5th during lunch near the 900 wing.
- Come and meet Ms. Hernandez, our new Career Tech. Please note: You will no longer be able to print in the Career Center. Please go to the Library for printing needs.
- Our next PLUS Forum is Tuesday, December 4th from 7:30-11:00am. If you missed our first PLUS Forum, don't miss the next one! - Print your permission slip from the Counseling page of our website and return it to counseling.
- College visits are now being scheduled. Check the counseling web page, and sign up to meet with admissions counselors.
- Every Tuesday now through November 27th, we are hosting College Application Workshops from 3:00-4:30pm in the Career Center.
- Counselors are currently presenting college information in the junior and sophomore classes.
- Mr. Bennett will be on campus Tuesday, during lunch, November 28th, and for those who do not meet him at lunch, Wednesday, November 29th concerning internships. Watch for your summons.
All Freshmen - Mr. Kramer
Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors with Alpha A-E - Mrs. Parli
Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors with Alpha A-E Alpha F-N - Mrs. Kenney
Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors with Alpha A-E Alpha O-Z - Mr. Chavarin
Did you know that California PTA offers Senior Scholarships? Graduating high-school seniors are eligible to apply for the $750 Volunteer Service Scholarship and/or the $500 Dr. Ralph E. White Scholarship for medical-field education. The deadline is 2/1/19. For more information, click here.
Speaking of scholarships, the MVHS PTSA also offers scholarships to graduating seniors who are members of the MVHS PTSA. If the student in your life isn't a member yet, please click this link to sign up for just $12!
Finally, the next meeting of the MVHS PTSA Executive Board is Tuesday, November 6 at 6:30pm. We'll be discussing fundraising, programs, and campus updates. While this is a working meeting for Board volunteers, interested members are welcome to sit in and can email Julie Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
TIMBERWOLVES FOUNDATION INFORMATION
SAVE THE DATE!
Timberwolves Foundation 4th Annual Casino Night
March 16, 2018 from 6:00pm - 10:00pm
*a 21-and older event.
Let us be your place to celebrate St Patricks Day! Each year this much anticipated event gets better and better! This year we are expecting tickets to sell out fast! Tickets will go on sale this month and will be announced soon.
In the meantime, play along with us! Like us on Facebook and Instagram and follow "Lucky" on his journey to Casino Night! #whereislucky Jot down the number indicated on the post and guess where Lucky may be in the picture. Bring your list to check-in on Casino Night and win a prize(s)!
Facebook: Timberwolves Foundation
MVHS VISION, MISSION, AND VALUES
Our Purpose is to empower students to be self-directed, creative, and critical thinkers who persevere to positively impact the interconnected world.
We Value mutual respect, collaboration, integrity, originality, and intellectual curiosity that prepare our students to become integral members of society.
THANK YOU TO OUR WONDERFUL TIMBERWOLVES FOUNDATION FOR
SPONSORING THE WOLF PACK WEEKLY!