University School Weekly Update
July 25-31, 2021
Safety Protocol Updates
As case numbers in the region continue to change, we ask that all students, staff and visitors to our school, please following the COVID safety protocols below:
- ETSU and University School no longer requires fully vaccinated individuals to wear face coverings on campus. Anyone who has not been vaccinated is strongly encouraged to wear a mask when indoors and in close proximity of others.
- Physical distancing should be observed to the greatest extent possible.
- Additional sanitizing will take place daily.
- Individual sanitizing wipes will be provided for cleaning student work areas.
- Hand sanitizing and regular handwashing is strongly encouraged.
- Individuals exhibiting COVID-like symptoms should remain home until cleared to return to school (following current return-to-school algorithm).
- Anyone who has a fever >100.4, new cough, difficulty breathing or loss of taste or smell, must have a COVID test before returning to school.
- Anyone having two of the following symptoms, must also have a COVID test before returning to school: chills, congestion/runny nose, sore throat, headache, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, muscle pain, and fatigue. This also applies to those who are COVID vaccinated. Regardless of their symptoms or any testing performed, they must be fever-free and symptoms improving for 24 hours prior to return to school.
Please note that the TN Department of Health Return-to-School Algorithm will continue to be followed by the school for the 2021--2022 school year. If there are any updates or revisions made throughout the year, the most current plan will be shared with our families.
Class of 2022 - Senior Retreat and College Fair Information
Hi Seniors!!!! I'm excited to announce that we have 2 Field Trips coming up soon!!
On July 30 we will go to Roan Mountain to get us jump started on the college application process, and for some fun and bonding with your classmates. Cost of the trip is $6 payable in the Counseling Office. Bring a bag lunch plus any money you would like to have for pool entry or snack bar.
On September 2 we will go to the Tri-Cities College Fair at Freedom Hall Civic Center where you will have the opportunity to visit with up to 40 colleges, military recruiters, and a few employers. Cost of the trip is $3 payable in the Counseling Office.
Permission Forms for both trips can be found on the Class 2022 Counseling Canvas page.
More details about the College Fair coming soon!
Student Athlete Information
All students who plan on participating in athletics must have a current physical, concussion, and cardiac arrest forms on file with the school before they can participate in University School athletic programs. These forms can be found on the University School sports page or picked up in the office.
University High Golf Team Tryouts
Cheer Clinics will be held in the University School Gym
August 2nd and 3rd
From 5:30pm to 7pm
Tryouts will be on August 4th at 5:30pm
Attendance at the clinics will be required. Students must have a physical, cardiac, and concussion forms on file before attending.
Any questions, please contact Pam Baines at email@example.com
Middle School Cross Country
Middle school cross country will kick off with a Zoom meeting for parents on Thursday, July 29 at 6:15pm. Zoom login information is below. Anyone interested should attend this informational meeting. Official team practice will begin on Tuesday, August 3, 2021, at 3:15pm. To participate, all athletes must have turned in a physical along with cardiac and concussion forms and the $20 athletic fee. Forms are in Ms. Ledbetter's and Ms. Stippey's rooms, and can also be found here: (Physical Forms , Cardiac Arrest Forms, and Concussion Forms ). Please e-mail Mrs. Ledbetter (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Mrs. Stippey (email@example.com) for more information.
Zoom Meeting Information:
Topic: U-School Middle School XC Parents Meeting
Time: Jul 29, 2021 06:15 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting : https://etsu.zoom.us/j/94252715429?pwd=OXgrL0lvdmhoVVpjMVZ1bjZkOG5PUT09
Meeting ID: 942 5271 5429
Middle School Baseball Tryouts
Tax Free Holiday 2021
For 2021, Tennessee's General Assembly has approved a sales tax holiday on food, food ingredients and prepared food which begins at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, July 30, 2021, and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, August 5, 2021. For more information on which food items are tax-exempt during this holiday, click here.
Responsible Use Form - All Grades Please Complete
All University School Students are required to complete a Responsible Use Agreement, please review and complete the appropriate Responsible Use Agreement Form for each U-School student attending during the 2021-2022 school year.
K-5 User Agreement
University School Apparel Sale
Welcome University School Families! Please check out the University School Foundation Back-to-School sale items by clicking on the link below:
You'll find a great selection of Nike, North Face, and Arctic apparel, water bottles and tumblers, ball caps, backpacks, and car magnets. All sales will be available for pickup at school (pickup dates vary based upon order date) and benefit the University School Foundation which supports faculty and students. These are great items to show your school spirit or to stash away for gifts for special events throughout the year.
If you have any questions, please contact Stacey Wild via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via text at 423-943-7791. Show your school spirit, and thanks for your support!