By: Addie T. Kami H. Elenora V. Brock F. Hunter B.
Weather In Grasslands
- Summer:100 degrees.
- Winter:-40 degrees.
- does it rain?:yes.
- How many times does it rain in a year:30 times.
- How many times does it rain in a year:12 times.
- Animals: Oryx,Hyraxes,prairie dogs,baboons,zebras.
Plants:blazing star survie in hot areas ,Big Blue stem survie in rainy areas.
The Purple Cone
- The Purple Cone flower is a magenta plant that blooms in the mid summer.
- The Purple Cone flower grows to 3 ft tall to 5 ft tall.
- Bees and butterfly's help pollinate and also used for medicine.
Maps help us find where we need to go. They can also help us by find what the temperature is in the grasslands.
Animals in the Grasslands
- Ostriches are the biggest bird in the world.
- They also have a long neck. There necks help them survive by helping them turn faster and it can help them reach tall trees.
- They can eat up to 200-300 pounds of food. They eat whatever they can find.
- They can get up to 9 feet tall.They have skinny legs witch helps them run really fast.
- They can run up to 40 mph.
- They can lay up to 3 pounds of eggs.
- Elephants are very tall animals.
- They can get as tall as 11 feet.
- They can weigh up to 13,000.
- They eat 400 pounds and they drink up to 30 pounds.
- They rest is fat or skin.
- They have gaint ears, long tusks and they grow there hole life, and they have gaint trunks. There trunks help them survuve by reaching tall trees and fight there predetors.
- Global warming could turn grass lands into desserts.
- Ranching family's could take most of the room in the grass lands.
- urban areas are increasingly cutting into grass lands.
- When only one crop is grown pests and diseases.
- protect soul from erosion.
- plant more trees
- conduct dry seasons burning
- restore soil that builds up in the dry grasses