Jobs for DAWGS
January Alumni Career Services
UGA Alumni Career Services
- Join the UGA Alumni Association Group on LinkedIn
- Download our free Digital Career Guide for iPad
- MBTI & Strong Interest Inventory Workshop (Finding a Meaningful Career) at Atlanta Alumni Center
- WEBINAR: How to Find the Right Company Fit, Wednesday; Jan. 13th
- WEBINAR: How to Leverage the Power of Emotional Intelligence in Your Career, Friday, Jan. 29th
- WEBINAR: Beyond Corporate America: Working for the Federal Government, Tuesday, Feb. 16th
- THANK YOU for helping UGA students!
- Full and Part time Positions
- Yonder: Path Your Career Service
- Additional opportunities with: Hire Heroes USA (Opportunities for Veterans)!
- Government and Non-Profit Positions
Career Fairs & Networking Events
- UGA Spring Career Fair, Feb. 3rd
- Save the Date- UGA Alumni Career Fair, June 8th (Cobb Galleria)
- Recorded webinar: Career ReLaunch: Get Started Again on the Right Foot
- Book an Alumni Career Counseling Appointment
- Jewish Family & Career Services Employment Workshop Series- Free!
- The Iron Yard Atlanta, Software Engineering/Design Courses
MBTI & Strong Interest Inventory Workshop (Finding a Meaningful Career)
Choose ONE from the dates listed below:
- Tuesday, January 12th 4:00-6:00pm
- Tuesday, March 8th 4:00-6:00pm
- Tuesday, May 10th 4:00-6:00pm
Where: Atlanta Alumni Center Suite 870, 3475 Lenox Rd. NE; Atlanta, GA 30326
Cost: $65 The cost will cover two assessments and light snacks.
About: This workshop will allow UGA alumni to use both the Strong Interest Inventory and the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to consider how their interests, personality, and values play into their career satisfaction. Bethany Mills, Director of Alumni Career Services, will interpret both assessments for the group and provide activities to navigate career exploration. The session will be both informative and interactive and will allow participants to share insights and network with one another. In addition, participants will leave with an action plan for their career and some basic job search strategies to begin their new path. Registration will be limited to 12 spaces. I look forward to seeing you there!
**To register, please contact Bethany Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org and include one workshop date that works for you. Assessment instructions will be sent within 24 hours.
Webinar: How to Find the Right Company Fit
Wednesday, Jan. 13th, 12-1pm
This is an online event.
UGA Alumni, check out webinars just for you!
Finding a job is important, but finding the right company fit can greatly impact our career success. During this session, we will discuss components that make a great company fit; including the company values, size, and culture. We will also navigate several resources to help you research companies to find YOUR best fit! Join us during your lunch break for this interactive session.
Webinar: How to Leverage the Power of Emotional Intelligence in Your Career
Friday, Jan. 29th, 12-1pm
This is an online event.
Success in your career goes beyond simply what you know. Above and beyond your knowledge and skills, effective mastery of your emotions can have a dramatic effect on your individual performance, decision-making capabilities and your ability to connect with (and even lead) others. During this webinar, we’ll define emotional intelligence and discuss how it can help catapult you toward success in your professional endeavors.
Guest speaker: Cachet Prescott, UGA '06, owner of CareerCachet.com, is a career and workplace strategist who’s in the business of career and people development. With a passion for the human side of work, her ultimate goal is to optimize human potential for success in the workplace and beyond.
Webinar: Beyond Corporate America: Working for the Federal Government
Tuesday, Feb. 16th, 12-1pm
This is an online event.
Do you want to have a significant impact on people’s lives?
Do you care deeply about good governance?
Are you a “change agent” – optimistic, skilled with a can-do attitude that is complimented by a sense of realism and practicality, recognizing that government changes come in small measures?
In our federal government, there are jobs for every type of person with every type of background.
Join this webinar to learn the basics of the federal job process and why the federal government might be a good fit for you. Remember, this is open to and relevant for ALL areas of expertise!
As a result of this session, you will have an increase in your:
- Ability to identify the steps to obtaining a federal job or internship
- Awareness of the Pathways programs, including requirements and deadlines
- Ability to successfully navigate and utilize the USAJOBS website
Guest Speaker: Kate Templeton, Career Consultant for the UGA Career Center and Certified Federal Career Coach
UGA Alumni, thank you!
Log into DAWGlink to apply for these positions!
Ronald Blue & Company - Senior Tax Associate (#71791), Roswell, GA
Cetera Advisors LLC - Associate Financial Planner, Atlanta, GA
Cox Media Group - Data & Analytics Analyst II, Atlanta, GA
New York Life Insurance Company - Senior Specialist, Underwriting, Duluth, GA
YOakleyPR, Virtual Public Relations Intern
Sunera LLC, Security, Privacy and Risk Management Consultant
Epic - Technical Problem Solver, Madison, Wisconsin
Fair Food Standards Council - Human Rights Investigator, Sarasota, Florida
Chick-fil-A - Corporate - Manager, Atlanta, Georgia
Enercon Engineering - Mechanical Engineer, Barnesville, Georgia
Atlanticus Holdings - Staff Accountant, Atlanta, Georgia
Greenway Health - Account Manager, Inside Sales, Tampa, Florida
Essential Ingredients, Inc. - Buyer, Lawrenceville, Georgia
NextGen Global Resources - GIS Specialist, Chicago, Illinois
Professional Specialty Publications - Inside Advertising Sales, Charlotte, NC
Page International, Inc. - Ocean Export Documentation Specialist, Savannah, GA
Applied Resource Group - Digital Marketing Coordinator, Roswell, GA
Newell Rubbermaid- Mobile Sales Representative
Law Office of Stuart J. Oberman - Communications Marketing Assistant, Loganville, GA
DAWGlink #72858, Director of Business Development
DAWGlink # 73055, Curriculum Implementation Specialist
DAWGlink #73056, Principal/Head of School
Southern Teachers Agency is hiring K-12 Teaching Jobs for Education, Arts & Science Majors!
- Teacher certification is not necessarily required.
- To apply, go to SouthernTeachers.com
GOVERNMENT & NONPROFIT
CALL TO SERVE CAREER GUIDES
Are you interested in pursuing a career with the federal government? Need information and resources to provide the best advice and strategies for success for your particular areas of interest? The Partnership for Public Service’s Go Government career guides are now online and a great resource for students to see how their major could translate into a job in the federal government.
UGA Spring Career Fair
Wednesday, Feb. 3rd, 12-5pm
300 North Thomas Street
With over 200 employers, this is a great opportunity to network!
SAVE THE DATE: UGA Alumni Career Fair
Wednesday, June 8th, 11am-2pm
2 Galleria Parkway Southeast
Make a Career Counseling Appointment through DAWGLink
**Do not use GOOGLE CHROME as a browser. The appointment function will NOT work.
The Iron Yard Atlanta, Software Engineering/Design Courses
The Iron Yard Atlanta is offering a $1000 scholarship to members of the UGA Alumni Association to attend one of their immersive courses in software engineering or design at their Downtown Atlanta Location. Enrollment is still open for their next course in Front End Engineering, starting June 29. From those looking to dip their toe into the world of software to those who want to dive deep and find a fulfilling job, there's a place at The Iron Yard. The options on their course pathway meet you wherever you're at and guide you to the next step of your journey. Read more at:
Alumni Webinar: Career ReLaunch: Get Started Again on the Right Foot
Every day, men and women make the choice to re-enter career fields from which they’ve taken a break. Other individuals decide to re-launch into a professional life they’ve taken a break from entirely. How can you re-enter the workforce successfully? What are the first steps you need to take to boost your confidence and best position yourself to be considered a competitive candidate? Check out the 40 minute webinar recording to learn more.
* All UGA Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
You may leave the list at any time by sending an e-mail to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with the following text as the body of the e-mail: SIGNOFF ALUMNICAREERS (Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.)
PLEASE DO NOT CLICK UNSUBSCRIBE BELOW, IT WILL NOT WORK.