OWENS COUNSELING CORNER
Tis the Season!
Happy Holiday's from your COUNSELORS! As we welcome December and prepare our hearts and homes for the holidays, may you find yourselves full of love, hope and joy. We would like to salute our students, staff, & parents for all of their hard work and determination over the past few months. As 2021 approaches, continue to strive to be better versions of yourselves, set & complete goals, and embrace what's to come with a grateful heart & a smile.
Jaguars are resilient, resourceful, and most importantly, we are CHAMPIONS until the end.
CHARACTER TRAIT OF THE MONTH
CARING & COMPASSION
HOLIDAY FAMILY & FUN IDEAS!!
Make beautiful greeting cards
Get Creative with these cool DIY Crafts
Some Fun Sites for the Holidays
- Elf Yourself- lets users create up to five elves using personal photos that will dance in a brief video. You can view the video as many times as you like, in one sittings, without entering any personal info. If you wish to save or share your video it does require you to enter an email address and click on a link sent to your email to validate your account.
- Kahoot Holiday Quizzes & other Holiday Games-scroll through a variety of interactive kahoot games to play with friends & family.
COUNSELING SUPPORT FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
Navigating the Holiday Season through COVID
For many people, the holiday season is a happy and joyous time, enriched by reuniting with family and friends. But year’s end can also be very stressful, especially with the added stress of a pandemic. People with unsupportive parents, problematic family members, and those that are grieving the loss of a loved one face a whole different set of challenges.
Yes! Your Grades Matter!!
We understand how the pandemic has catapulted educators, students, and families into a new reality. Educators, parents & students are navigating online learning while juggling work and other priorities. However, we want to stress the importance of staying the course, remember your grades matter.
COUNSELING SUPPORT FOR TEACHERS
WE LOVE OUR TEACHERS!!
Sometimes we need a reminder of how much businesses love educators. What better way to be reminded then with a coupon code? Take some time, treat yourself, & check out the ultimate list of teacher discounts below.
VIRTUAL STAFF LOUNGE
Please join the Alief Virtual Staff Lounge Schoology group. The group is a virtual Zen Den. The Staff Lounge will cater to all Alief ISD staff to provide everything needed for self-care. Please take some time for yourself to relax, unwind and enjoy!
The code for the group is 5HFP-K86G-SQFQV.
Directions to add group:
· Click Groups at the top of your Schoology page
· Click My Groups
· Click Join Groups
· Enter the code for the group.
REMEMBER! The holiday blues are short term. BE PATIENT. Take things day-by-day or week-by-week.
Alief Employee Assistance Program
Alief is proud to offer our Aetna Resources for Living EAP program. This program is available to all full time staff and their dependents living wihin their household. For further information check out the link below or contact the EAP directly via phone or online.
Username: alief isd
- You or someone you know is a danger to themselves or others
- Someone is a danger to you or others
- Other life related emergency concerns
- Emergency Number 911
- Mobile Crisis Outreach Team (MCOT) – 1.866.970.4770 https://www.theharriscenter.org/Portals/0/MCOT.pdf
- NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness – 1.800.950.6264
- Crisis Text Line: Text: NAMI to 741741
- Talk Line “When you just need to talk” – 281.240. (TALK) 8255 (available 24/7)
- Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD – 281.575.9512