New York City
By: Katlyn F.
Why I want to go there
New York City is located in the United States. I want to go there because I have always wanted to see the Statue of Liberty. What makes New York City so great for me is the Statue of Liberty.
- The whole city was originally called new Amsterdam.
- Madison Square Park, Washington Square Park, and Bryant Sqaure Park used to be cemerteries.
- There are 20,000 buried in Washington Square Park alone.
- On November 28, 2012, not a single murder, shooting, stabbing, or other incident of a violent crime in New York City was reported for an entire day. The firsst time basically ever.
- There is a man that mines for gold in the sidwalk cracks. He makes about $600 a week.
- There is 722 miles of subway tracks.
- Chittenago is the home of L. Frank Baum, author of the "Wizard of Oz". It features a yellow brick inland sidwalks leanding to Anti Em's and other Oz-themed Businesses.
- Is the location of an annual Munchkins parade.
- From 1789 to 1790, New York was the nation's capital.
- The Empire State Building was the world's tallest structure from its construction in 1931 until 1972.
It takes three hours and 25 minutes to get there from Houston, TX to NYC, NY. The two citys are 1419 miles apart. I am going to take my mom. I am going to get there by plane. I am going to stay there for 2 weeks.
I am going to stay at Langham Place, New York, Fith Avenue. This tower rises halfway between Bryant Park and Empire State Building. The rooms feature Italian flair and have wood accents, marble bathrooms, free WiFi, flat-screen TVs and coffeemakers. Suites, all on upper floors, have kitchens and city views. The lounge serves casual food and drink, and the resturant offers Mediterranean-flavored fine dining. Other amenities include a luxury spa, 24 hour fitness center, and hair salon. We will need to pack clothes for two weeks, toiletrys, phone, and charger.