Kalamazoo SAT, WorkKeys, and M-Step
Michigan Virtual Charter Academy 11th & 12th graders
Hello MVCA Kalamazoo Area Families!
Our teaching team is looking forward to meeting all of you!
State Testing - Day 1 - SAT Exam
Tuesday, April 11th, 8am-12pm
3600 East Cork Street Court
State Testing - Day 2 - WorkKeys & M-Step
Wednesday, April 12th, 8am-12pm
3600 East Cork Street Court
What Will Be Provided
Sign-In and Testing Areas
- Please make sure students have used the restroom. We will have restroom breaks, but it makes testing go more smoothly if this is taken care of before sign-in.
- Free parking will be available right outside the building. Please follow all posted parking signs.
- Ensure students have no electronic devices with them. If they will need to hang on to a cell phone to call after testing for pick-up, the power must be off, and these will be collected by our MVCA teachers to hold on to during testing.
- Discuss behavior expectations with your child. Since we are guests of the Four Points at Sheraton, it is important that we respect their building and staff. Additionally, we all need to be respectful of other families and students testing. This is a new experience for many of our families; we want to make it as comfortable and positive as possible.
- All students must be accompanied by an adult. Students are not allowed to sign themselves into testing. If you need to make special arrangements for students who walk alone, this must be completed before the day of testing. A handwritten note from the learning coach or parent, signed, with contact information, must be scanned and emailed to the site lead, Jon DeCou at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, April 10th at 5pm.
- Please give hugs and say goodbye while waiting in line to allow for smooth check in.
- No parents or siblings will be allowed past the sign-in location or into the testing rooms, due to test security requirements.
Students and MVCA Teachers:
MVCA teachers will greet students in their testing room and help them find their seats. Cell phones will be collected, verified it is powered off, and held on to by the MVCA teacher. Snacks and any additional items students bring will be placed at a designated place in the room away from the testing computers.
If you want to stick around there will be a waiting room designated for families on the main level.
Also, if you would like to pass the time shopping here are some options.
Kohl’s is at the corner of West Main & Drake
Target is on West Main
Lowe’s on Drake
Costco & Field & Stream are at the corner of Drake & Stadium
There is a mall in Portage called Crossroads Mall.
When Students are Finished
When students finish their final test for the day, they will be dismissed during breaks if other students are still testing. When they have been dismissed from the testing room, they will wait with one of our teachers. We will call the phone number provided at sign-in. Students cannot be dismissed without the signature of their legal guardian or learning coach.