News From Our 5th Grade Classroom 5/1/14
What's Happening in the Classroom
In math, we will work in Unit 7-Equations and Integers. We will be exploring integers, 4-quadrant grid, and patterns in equations.
In writing, we will continue in Unit 5-Pronouns.
In reading, we will complete lessons from the reading series discussing comparing and contrasting and connotation/denotation.
In Social Studies, we will finish Chapter 9-The American Revolution. Your child will receive a study guide on Monday, we will review the guide on Tuesday, and take the test on Wednesday. This will be the last test in Social Studies this year. We will also take our capital quiz 3 on Friday.
The spelling list is located at the bottom of this newsletter.
Please note the packing list for Camp T. We are leaving next Wednesday so please have all material ready for the trip.
Have a Great Weekend!!
Spelling List for This Week
Packing List for Camp T
Suggested Packing list
- Sack lunch (for the first day only)
- Sleeping bag or sheets and blankets
- Toiletries, towel, hand towel (including hand soap for in your cabin)
- 2 pairs of old jeans (or other long pants)
- 2 T-shirts
- 2 pairs of warm socks
- 2 pairs of underwear
- 2 warm long sleeve shirts or sweatshirts
- 1 warm old coat
- Rain gear (rain coat/poncho)
- 1 extra pair of old shoes or boots
- 1 pair of old gloves
- 1 warm hat
- Insect repellent
- Drinking cup
****NO iPODS OR CELL PHONES!!****
Dates to Remember
- May 13th-Trip to BFMS to meet 6th grade teachers 12:45-1:45
- May 14-15-Overnight trip to Camp Tecumseh-pick up from school at 3:00pm
- Grandparent/friend dates: 5/20, 5/22, 5/23
- May 30-Field Day
- June 6-Last Day of School