Venetia Valley Voice
School / Family Newsletter - January 2022
Happy New Year everyone! On behalf of everyone at Venetia Valley School, we hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and an exceptional Happy New Year! As we kick off the spring semester, we do so with caution as the Omicron variant of the Coronavirus is impacting many families, including our own staff. Let's all do our part by wearing our face coverings, trying to socially distance as much as possible and if eligible, get vaccinated.
The month of January brings a few important events for our families, especially those registering for Kindergarten and those registering for high school. We'll provide more details below so that everyone has the information they need.
Let's stay safe, stay healthy and be kind to one another!
Como Puedo Ver Este Boletin En Otro Idioma? How Can I See This Newsletter In A Different Language?
January At A Glance
Week of January 4th - 7th:
- No School for Students on Monday, Jan. 3rd.
- Food Pantry on Tuesday, Jan. 4th from 3:30 - 5 PM in front of the school
- Monthly "Safe Routes to School" on Wednesday, Jan. 5th (students receive prizes for biking, walking or using another alternative mode of transportation to school)
- Early Dismissal on Wednesday, Jan. 5th at 12:50 PM for GE and 12:20 PM for SDC
- Principal Chat via Zoom w/Mr. Q on Thursday, Jan. 6th at 6 PM
Week of January 10th - 14th:
- Food Pantry on Tuesday, Jan. 11th from 3:30 - 5 PM in front of the school
- On-site Kinder Registration on Wednesday, Jan. 12th from 2 - 6 PM in the MPR
- Early Dismissal on Wednesday, Jan. 12th at 2:05 PM for GE and 1:35 for SDC
- Yondr Bag Implementation Day for MS Students on Wednesday, Jan. 12th
- DELAC Meeting on Thursday, Jan. 13th at 6 PM via Zoom
Week of January 17th - 21st:
- No School - Monday, Jan. 17th in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Food Pantry on Tuesday, Jan. 18th from 3:30 - 5 PM in front of the school
- Early Dismissal on Wednesday, Jan. 19th at 2:05 PM for GE and 1:35 for SDC
- Tentative - Two Way Dual Language Immersion Family Meeting via Zoom on Thursday, Jan 20th at 6 PM.
- PTA Meeting via Zoom on Thursday, Jan. 20th at 7 PM
Week of January 24th - 28th:
- Food Pantry on Tuesday, Jan. 25th from 3:30 - 5 PM in front of the school
- Early Dismissal on Wednesday, Jan. 26th at 2:05 PM for GE and 1:35 for SDC
Week of January 31st - February 4th:
- Food Pantry on Tuesday, Feb. 1st from 3:30 - 5 PM in front of the school
- Early Dismissal on Wednesday, Feb. 2nd at 12:50 PM for GE and 12:20 PM for SDC
- Monthly Safe Routes Day, Wednesday, Feb. 2nd (students receive a prize for biking, walking or taking an alternative method of transportation to school)
- School Site Council Meeting via Zoom on Thursday, Feb. 3rd at 4:30 PM
- Principal Chat via Zoom w/Mr. Q on Thursday, Feb. 3rd at 6 PM
Check out the Kinder flyer in both English and Spanish HERE!
Check out the TK flyer in both English and Spanish HERE!
Family Center Update
Dear Venetia Valley Families,
The Family Center wishes everyone a Happy New Year! May this year be filled with health and incredible moments for you and your families.
As we mentioned in the Charla, our wonderful Family Advocate Maria Gramajo is moving on from Venetia Valley. We wish her the best and we are so happy for her. As soon as we find our new Family Advocate we will introduce him/her to all of you.
Because of the new Covid19 updates, we have canceled all our adult in-person workshops for now. We will inform everyone when workshops are back in in-person and what the new requirements for participation will be.
We are still receiving one-on-one appointments at the Family Center. So please do now hesitate to contact us if you need any support.
What is happening in the Family Center/Community:
Food Bank distribution happens every Tuesday from 3:30 pm - 5 pm
Families, remember that bags of food are handed out every Tuesday in front of the school. Feel free to stop by if you need this service.
Community Closet- Friday Jan, 21, 2021 from 3:30pm to 5pm
Location- Venetia Valley back parking lot. This closet is made up of donated clothes for other families to use. Please take what you will use. Be considerate of our whole community.
PTA Sweatshirt sales- in front of the School- Price: $35
Tuesday/Wednesday 7:30 am - 8:40 am
Friday- 3:40 pm - 5 pm
Leslie Garcia- Family Advocate- email@example.com
Sheila Ramirez- Family Center Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Center Hours
Monday to Friday from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Direct Line: 415-496-0226
Follow us on social media: Facebook and Instagram @ventiavalleyTK8 and follow Mr. Quesada on Twitter @PrincipalPaulQ.
Venetia Valley TK-8 School
Venetia Valley is a community school where students, families and staff are celebrated for who they already are and are supported in every way to become all that they aspire to be.
Nuestra Declaración de Misión
Venetia Valley es una escuela comunitaria donde los estudiantes, las familias y el personal son reconocidos por quienes ya son y son apoyados en todos los sentidos para convertirse en todo lo que aspiran a ser.