By: Madison Ginestra
Uses Of Calcium Carbonate:
- It is one of the main ingredients in paint.
- Ingredient in chalk.
- The main use of Calcium Carbonate is in the construction industry, either as a building material, limestone aggregate for road building or as an ingredient of cement.
- Calcium carbonate is insoluble in water.
- Calcium Carbonate is white, sometimes dusty powder, but it also forms in harder pieces of marble chips.
- Dissolves in many acids to form calcium salts.
- It can be mixed with warm water and Latex paint to make chalk paint.
- The Earths crust contain more than 4% calcium carbonate.
- It can only be found naturally on Earth and possibly Mars.