All Things GALA
Oak Farm Montessori School - Tall Oak Gala - February 27th
10 Days and Counting.....
until the Tall Oak Gala! With 10 days left to go, there are a few things you need to know!
- Auction Preview Packet will be coming home this week - check your child's backpack for this, there will be one per family. This packet has all the items you will see at the Gala...take notes and start planning your bids! (Remember, if you aren't able to attend the Gala, but see an item you want - you can ask a friend who is going to bid on things for you!)
- Registration begins at 6:00pm. Be sure to bring your driver's license for check in. Cash, check and credit cards will be accepted for auction purchases.
- Cocktails for A Cause (Silent Auction & cocktail hour) will begin at 6:00pm! Be sure that you arrive in time to bid on your favorite items! Silent Auction items will begin closing at 7:05.
- Cash needed for mixed drinks, but beer, wine & non-alcoholic is available at the bar at no charge to you.
Volunteer Call Out!!
Monday February 22 & Tuesday February 23: We are still in need of a several volunteers who can help fill out silent auction bid sheets. The team will meet at the Victorian House following drop off.
If you are interested in one of these volunteer opportunities, please contact Oak Farm parent, Nicole Lowe at email@example.com for more information.
Classroom Auction Item Preview
Silent Auction: Primary 1 - Colorful Creatures
Live Auction: Primary 1 - Twice As Nice
Silent Auction: Primary 2: I Offer You Peace
Silent Auction: Primary 2: Colorful Continents
Frequently Asked Questions....
Our kids are talking about their classroom items. How do we bid on these?
The items that the classrooms made will be available either during the silent or live auction.
- The silent auction OPENS at 6:00, and will begin closing a little after 7:00! So - arrive EARLY so you can register and get bidding and mingling right away!
- The live auction will happen after dinner has been served and before the desserts are rolled out! There are 11 items up on the auction block this year!
The silent & live auctions are always an exciting time - knowing that the money raised will benefit the children at the school!
We have never been, what time does the Gala usually wrap up?
Here is a quick run-down for the night - please note the "-ish" times... due to the nature of the event, we aren't able to be exact with times, but this is our guess!
6pm Doors open - there is plenty of parking, so no need to worry about that!
7ish - Silent Auction tables will begin closing
7:30 - head to your table, eat your salad, enjoy your meal.
8:15ish - live auction will begin! (heads up - bar closes at this point... but will reopen!)
9ish - Nefy & Adam begin to entertain us with their music! Dessert, coffee and bar opens
9:45ish - Able to check out if you didn't pre-register when arriving
By 10:30 - head home with your winnings!
Where am I going?!
THANK YOU to all of our Gala Sponsors:
AMI Investment Management Inc.
Campbell & Fetter Bank
The DeHayes Group
Dekko Investment Services
Parkview Surgical Oncology
Rottmann Collier Architects
We could not do it without you!