Don't be mean behind the screen!!!
Three differences between Cyberbullying and bullying.
- Cyberbullying can happen anytime of the day.
- Cyberbullying online can be posted anonymously instead of knowing who it really is behind the computer.
- Deleting inappropriate pictures or videos can be very difficult once it is posted online or sent.
Effects of Cyberbullying
- Use of alcohol or drugs
- Skipping School
- Have Lower Self Esteem
- Have more health problems
- Receive poor grades
Prevention & Awareness
Adults should give advice to kids about cyberbullying. They should talk about how to stand up to kids who bully. Talk about what to do if those actions don't work, such as walking away. Talk about strategies on staying safe. Urge them to help kids who are bullied by showing kindness or getting help. Adults should also show videos about cyberbullying or any other form of bullying to get the message to the kids.
Reporting A Cyberbully
- Tell the bully to stop
- Do not respond to bully ever again
- Make copies of all communications from the bully
- Contact authorities.