Daily Faith & Family Formation
Thursday, April 16th, 2020
The LORD is risen - He is risen indeed! Alleluia!
This Week's Memory Verse - John 3:16
"For God SO loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."
I always learn scripture better when I can put music to it. If that sounds like you, too, you can use this music video to help you remember this all-important verse about God's love and His son's sacrifice for us!
Rebekah Goes the Extra Mile
- Watch the short lesson from Mrs. Baron using the video below AND
- Discuss: Can you think of a time that you went the extra mile for someone?
- Open up your family Bible or children's Bible and read this story together
- This story of Rebekah's kindness can be found in Genesis 24
Supporting Verses for our Lives
- Matthew 5:38-41 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic,let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you."
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8), and because He is steadfast, who we are in Him remains the same regardless of circumstances. These statements remind us whose we are and who we are Because of who Jesus is.
Speak these statements together as a family.
The Lord's Prayer
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us
And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil
For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory
Forever and ever
Zion Lutheran School
Our Vision: That every child knows Jesus as his or her personal Lord and Savior