4K P.M. Class
May 2, 2016
Last Week...April 25th-28th
Upcoming Dates & Important Information...
- I will continue the Spring Pals assessment this week.
- Monday, June 6th will be the 4K picnic. It will start at 10:45 at the Splash Pad Park. More info will be coming home soon.
- Thank you to the families that were able to come to the 4K Jump Into Spring event!
Songs and Movement...
Click on the links below to watch the You Tube videos-
Yy song on ABCmouse.com
Remember to do some of the movement activities throughout the month of May included on the May Activity Calendar.
This Week...May 2nd-5th
- We will be comparing living and nonliving things. See if your child can classify living and nonliving things at home.
- It is time to plant some seeds. We will plant Zinnia seeds and observe the changes in the next few weeks.
- Check to see if your child can identify teen numbers (11-19). The children will be putting the teen numbers in order to make a flower picture.
- Monday, we will be drawing our May self portraits. Continue having them draw and dictate/write stories about exciting events.
Letter Y Activities...
1. Play with a yo-yo.
2. Play in the yard.
4. Make a yarn ball and play catch.
5. Look for yellow objects.
7. Look at a yearbook.
Practice writing "Y" slant down, slant up, down
Practice writing "y" slant down, slant up
Please bring a show and tell object that starts with the letter Yy on Thursday, May 5th. Have your child practice sharing one detail about their object to a family member to prepare them for our Show & Tell community circle time.