Serrano Eagles Bulletin
Parent Bulletin - May 16, 2016
This week is SBAC Testing for our 3rd through 6th graders. And it is MATH Week. Each 3rd-6th Grader will be taking this state standardized assessment throughout the week, broken into one hour sessions each day. Please take note of the following:
- Students need to be well rested for each day
- Students need a healthy filling breakfast each day
- Please have students bring a book for reading each day so if they complete early, they will have a book to read
- Please consider taking the Practice SBAC - directions and descriptions in bulletin below
- Please send all healthy students to school over the next two weeks - make-ups throughout this test are logistically challenging and we want our students to be as prepared and the testing to be as consistent as possible to ensure the best possible success
Additionally, we have our Class Act BRAVO on May 18th at 9:00a. This is a special time for our students to celebrate a year of Class Act, honor the work of Antonio Vivaldi and perform for you and Eagle family and friends. Please mark your calendar for this exciting event. Parents and families are invited to attend the Bravo but will be asked to stand during the performances as students will be seated in all available seats.
And, lastly, this Saturday is our First Annual Beautification Day where we will be giving the campus a beautifying clean-up. We will be planting, painting, putting in fence slats, etc. We are excited to provide a clean-up day for Serrano and invite all friends and families to join us. RSVP below :)
Looking forward to another great week.
Stay Connected with Serrano
TWEET like an Eagle!
Follow Us on Twitter: @SerranoOUSD (name - Serrano Elementary)
** Tweet your Eagle Pictures to @SerranoEagles and it will show up on our website
Follow Us on Facebook
NEW TO FACEBOOK:
"What are our Eagles doing over the weekend " sports, dance, etc. send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can add them to our Facebook page.
What's Coming Up in Week THIRTY-ONE
- SBAC Math (Grades 3-6) - Day One
- Absolute last day to turn in Talent Show Application
- SBAC Math (Grades 3-6) - Day Two
- Min Day - Pick-Up K 12:20p, 1st-6th 12:25p
- Class Act BRAVO 9am in Amphitheater
- SBAC Math (Grades 3-6) - Day Three
- Eagles Dine Out - Raising Canes and Yogurtland - look for flyers in Wednesday Folder
- Mrs. Covington's Birthday
- Mrs. Bower's Birthday
- SBAC Math (Grades 3-6) - Day Four
- Ice Cream Sales
- SBAC Math (Grades 3-6) - Day Five
- Eagle Spirit Day - Wear your Eagle Shirts
- Beautification Day - 8am
- Eagles at the Angels - 7pm
SBAC State Testing - Practice Here!
You too, can help your student, at home, by practicing with them through the SBAC practice test a couple of times before the real thing. Help them become more familiar with the test tools (ex. calculator, keyboard) prior to the test.
To access the practice test:
1. Click link below
2. Click Student Interface Practice and Training Test (green button on right)
3. Leave the login to "Guest" and just click SIGN-IN
4. Select a Grade Level
5. Select EITHER ELA (English Language Arts) or MATH Practice Test (most of the other tests available do not apply)
6. Leave all selections defaulted and click Select
7. Proceed through to start test - HEADS UP - the ELA tests have sound so if you are practicing in a public place you may want headphones
Please call with questions.
Message from your PFO:
We have a VERY important opportunity to beautify the campus! Please join us Saturday for Beautification Day!
- Keep collecting box tops - collection will be mid-spring
- Also, Room Moms/Dads! If you have an email distribution list of your class, please forward this bulletin on to your class - we still have about 40% of people who are not accessing this important information. Thank you for your help!
Feedback to Influence Next Year
Please take a few minutes to take the planning survey below. And let the office know if you have any questions.