North and South Carolina
By: Betzy Herrera and Arturo Hernandez
- North and South Carolina has a incredible agriculture and plantation system.
- We trade goods that we don't grow such as shoes,lace, thread and so much more.
- Our most successful cash crops are Tobacco, Rice and Indigo (a purple dye).
- We have the largest slave population than anywhere else.
- You don't have to do any work because we have slaves that can do the work for you.
- North and South Carolina border the Atlantic Ocean to the east.
- States like Virginia and Georgia have high rates of diseases that can spread rapidly due to their extreme hot weather.
- Our colonies have the warmest weather out of the three regions. It doesn't get too hot or too cold, the weather is just right.
- You are able to grow crops throughout the whole year which lets you be flexible with trading and much more.
- There is much more land for us to use here in Carolina, unlike England, there is hardly anymore space to grow crops or reconstruct new houses.
- Here in Carolina, we are not dominated by a specific religion.
- You are able to have religious freedom which in other colonies isn't acceptable.
- We sell and trade food like fish,wheat,corn,and tobacco that we grow and fish in the rivers.
- We export foods like tomatoes, turkeys, beans and corn to Europe.
History of North/South Carolina
- North Carolina Virginians, founded in the year 1653.
- South Carolina was founded by Eight Nobles with a Royal Charter from Charles II, founded in the year 1663.
- In 1729, seven of the Eight Nobles sold their shares to King George II, King George II took over the colonies and became Royal Colonies.