Titan Tidbits - Parents
Week 26: February 17-21, 2020
If you are able to assist with Duty Free Lunch, please CLICK HERE to signup. As of now, we are desperate for help in February!
Our amazing Media Specialist Long-Term Sub, Mrs. Drake is looking for volunteers to help her shelve books! She can literally use you at any time! If interested, please email Mrs. Drake at email@example.com. She can then give you a quick overview where the books need to be shelved. Thank you for considering this very important volunteering opportunity!
Kindergarten Registration is coming up on March 11 and March 12. On those two days, due to an increased amount of visitors to our school and limited parking, 1.) parents will not be able to come for lunch those days and 2.) we will not have volunteers on that day (unless you are helping with K Registration). If your child has a birthday on one of these two dates, please email your child's teacher and we will work with you to come to lunch on that date.Thanks for your understanding and support as we welcome our new Titans! More information regarding registration is posted below.
Yearbook-last order March 25th
Random Acts of Kindness Week--February 16 - 23
We are excited to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Week this week! Students will view a reading of the book, Kindness Snippets Jar by Diane Alber, read by Mrs. Wagner to kick off this special week. During RAK Week, students are encouraged to do random acts of kindness here at school, at home, and in the community. They can share about kind acts they complete on snippets of paper found near our very own snippets jar in the main lobby. We hope to fill the jar with snippets of kindness by the end of the week! Please encourage your child(ren) to be kind this week and always! If your family performs any random acts of kindness this week, be sure to share about it on social media with #tegacaytitans and #RAKWeek.
Kindergarten Registration opens March 2, 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year. Click the gray Kindergaten Registration button for more information.
Chili Cookoff benefiting the Fort Mill Foundation
Saturday, March 7th, 11am-2pm
1400 A O Jones Boulevard
Fort Mill, SC
We ask that you send in donations in envelopes clearly labeled Chili Cookoff or you can drop off donations in the office to Hope Trigg, our awesome receptionist.
Our team name is the Lumberjack Legends and Meagan Moore, 2nd Grade, will be cooking up our Lumberjack Heart Attack Chili. Meagan was the staff member that won our cookoff at TCES!
Discovery Education/FMSD STEAM Summer Camp
This year's theme: Energy
For the first time, younger students will be allowed to enroll: rising 1st – 8th graders.
Summer camp locations:
OPES- June 22-25
TCES- June 29-July 2
Summer Camp Hours: Both locations: 8-12 (Monday through Thursday Camp)
* In order to guarantee a spot in the summer STEAM Camp, registration must be received by April 24th!
QUESTIONS? Michele Seborowski-Price, STEAM Camp Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE to register!
End of Year State Testing Dates for Grades 3-5 (A Message from Mr. Hartley)
Each year, students in third - eighth grades are required to take the SC READY (South Carolina College-and-Career-Ready) Assessments in Writing, Reading, and Math. CLICK HERE to learn more information about SCREADY.
Students in fourth graders will take SCPASS – Palmetto Assessment of State Standards. Fourth grade will take science. CLICK HERE to learn more information about SCREADY.
TCES will test according to the following schedule:
3rd Grade: May 11 (Reading), May 13 (Writing), and May 19 (Math)
4th Grade: May 12 (Reading), May 14 (Writing), May 18 (Math), and May 20 (Science)
5th Grade: May 12 (Reading), May 14 (Writing), and May 18 (Math)
Makeup testing will take place on May 15, May 21, and May 22
It is very important that your child be present and on time each day for testing. Please avoid making doctor appointments and other out-of-school functions during testing hours. Testing is not timed, but will begin at 8:00 a.m. and likely be completed by 12:00 p.m. each day.
Also, calculators and other electronic devices such as cell phones are not allowed during testing. Thank you for your support and feel free to call if you have any questions.
Jay D. "Tripp" Hartley
Whether you attended our Watch DOGS kickoff event or not, we hope that you will participate in this exciting program by volunteering one or more days this school year as a Watch DOG. Please visit our Sign Up Calendar for more information and to choose a date to volunteer that works for you. You must complete a FMSD Volunteer Screening and sign up for a duty date on the sign up calendar to serve as a Watch DOG.
CLICK HERE for the calendar link to sign up to be a Watch DOG!
If you did not order your shirt, you may purchase one on the day you serve as a Watch DOG for $20 (credit/debit preferred, exact cash/check accepted). Uniform shirts are required so you will be easily identifiable by teachers, staff, and students. Financial assistance available upon request.
If you have any questions about this opportunity to make an impact at Tega Cay Elementary School, please contact Kristen Motte (School Counselor & Watch DOG Program Coordinator) at email@example.com.
Save the Dates!
February: Black History Month
- February 17: Makeup Day
- February 17-21: Random Acts of Kindness Week
- February 19: Clubs, Candids, and Fifth Grade Pano Picture
- February 19: PTO Meet and Greet from 7-9 PM at Killington’s
- February 27: Boy Scouts of America Meeting at 6:30 at Pleasant Knoll Elementary
- February 28: Family Walk/Bike to School Day
- March 2: School Improvement Council Meeting at 2:45 in the Media Center & Read Across America Day 1: Cuddle up and read a warm book- with a $1 donation you can wear PJs ($ will go to the FMSD Chili Cook-Off to support the Fort Mill Foundation for Schools)
- March 3: Read Across America Day 2: Celebrate South Carolina- wear SC clothes (blue and white OR palmetto trees)
- March 4: Spring and Class Picture Day & Read Across America Day 3: Wild West- Wear western wear
- March 5: Read Across America Day 4: East Coast Sunshine- Wear your hat - with a $1 donation you can wear hats ($ will go to the FMSD Chili Cook-Off to support the Fort Mill Foundation for Schools)
- March 6: Read Across America Day 5: America Day- Celebrate American Scientist- Dress like a scientist
- March 7: FMSD Chili Cookoff 11-2 pm at Nation Ford High School (Team Name: Lumberjack Legends) Please stop by our table and try our Lumberjack Heart attack chili made by our own Meagan Moore!
- March 9-12: Teacher Appreciation Week
- March 11 and 12: Kindergarten Registration
- March 13: No School for Students
- March 20: PTO General Meeting at 7:45 am at TCES-Cafeteria
- March 24-29: PTO Online Auction
- March 27: Family Walk/Bike to School Day
April: Diversity Month
- April 2: Spirit Night at Danny's Pizza
- April 6-13: Spring Break
- April 14: Square Art One Packets go home and due back on April 24 (PTO will send out additional information)
- April 24: Family Walk/Bike to School Day & Square Art One One deadline to order
- April 27-May 8: Book Fair
- May 2: Choir performs; Strawberry Festival 10:00 am and Choir performs; Charlotte Knights Game 6:00 pm
- May 4: School Improvement Council Meeting at 2:45 in the Media Center
- May 8: Middle School Visits for 5th Grade
- May 11-20: State Testing, more information later
- May 15: PTO General Meeting at 7:45 am at TCES-Cafeteria
- May 22: Family Walk/Bike to School Day
- May 25: Memorial Day, No School
- May 27: Field Day: Kindergarten and First Grades 8:00-10:30 and Second and Third Grades 11:30-2:00
- May 27: Spirit Night at Bruster's
- May 28: Field Day: Fourth and Fifth Grades 8:30-11:30
- June 3: ½ Day Dismissal at 11:00 am
- June 3: Fifth Grade Promotion @ 8:30 am
- June 4: ½ Day Dismissal at 11:00 am
Vision, Mission, and Core Values
Students, staff, and community will strive to be knowledge seekers and problem solvers in an environment that supports inquiry and risk-taking, while respecting the fundamental values and uniqueness of all individuals.
challenge Excellence, and
maintain a Student-Driven focus
TCES Core Values: