Supporting Every Learner - Every Day
Give the Gift that Keeps on Giving!
Betsy's Hallmark Shops are partnering with Care to Learn to offer the First Annual Gift of Giving ornament. Available at all Betsy's Hallmark Shops, a portion of the proceeds from the sale will benefit Care to Learn. We appreciate the ongoing support Care to Learn provides our students by meeting their immediate health, hunger and hygiene needs. Start your family's collection this year!
Acknowledging Attendance - Fueling Student Success!
Springfield Public Schools is already planning to make summer 2016 a great opportunity for students to pursue their passions and broaden their horizons! “We are doubling the opportunities for students to expand their learning this summer by offering classes in both June and July,” said Superintendent John Jungmann. “Explore! will provide expanded programming with multiple options, enabling students to tailor a summer experience to their personal interests. Improving and expanding summer learning is one more way we are striving to provide engaging, relevant and personal learning for every learner every day.”
Exciting improvements like offering transportation were made last year but even greater things are in store for students this summer. Here are just a few highlights:
- Learning will be enriched through field experiences created in conjunction with community partners.
- Classes will be offered at more schools, possibly as many as 32 depending on enrollment.
- Artworks will expand to a free, full-day program offered at two locations.
- High school students will have more options to choose from including seated and online classes and internships.
- Every student in grades 3 through 8 will have access to their own mobile device and every K-2 classroom will have access to iPads
Interested in seeing the change? Schedule a Partner Walk!
Several partners have expressed a desire to visit schools to see the changes in learning "up close and personal." SPS Partners is happy to schedule a Partner Walk, which provides an opportunity to visit two sites, tour classrooms, and observe specific interest areas. Call JaNessa Simmons at 523-0315 to schedule your Partner Walk.
Let us hear from you!
Executive Director, Learning Support and Partnerships