Happy New Year and Welcome Back! 🎉
There is still time for each of us to "make our mark" this school year. I am proud to be leading this incredible learning community and I am looking forward to the opportunities and celebrations that lie ahead of us this school year. We are in the process of creating quite the Churchill masterpiece! Check out this video for some highlights of our school year this far.
It can be a challenge transitioning back after a long break, so please start-up those back-to-school routines and get into our "Bulldog Best" mindset so we can create the best possible conditions for our return. We are here to serve our students and their families. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have questions or need assistance in any way. We look forward to our continued partnership as we grow and learn together this school year.
News You Can Use 📰
- Lost and found items will be cleared out on Friday, January 13th. In our first days back, direct your child to look for any missing items or stop by the office to look through it yourself. Please label items (coats, hats, water bottles, etc.) to help us reunite items with their owner.
- Please have a dedicated space in the home where your child charges their laptop each evening. Laptops should return to school each day fully charged. Chargers should always remain in the laptop case.
- Our in-house tutoring program will begin once we return from break. Our program last year yielded significant growth and we are excited to be able to offer this program again. If you have not yet turned-in your permission form and/or are interested in learning more, contact our tutoring coordinator, Amy Edwards, at email@example.com.
- Our winter benchmarking window opens on Thursday, 1/12. Throughout the month of January our team will be checking-in with our students on their progress in the area of reading and math using a variety of different assessments. Your child's teacher will be in touch regarding these assessments and will report out results. Our team uses these results to plan for instruction that will meet our students' needs and pave the way for them to thrive and meet their goals this school year.
- Club sign-up is taking place tomorrow - Saturday, 1/7 @ 1pm. Please be on the lookout for a separate email with the Sign-Up Genius link.
Updated Arrival and Dismissal 🚦
Hot Lunch and Parent Portal 🍕
Building Update 🔨
Day of Service
- non-perishable food items
- individually wrapped snacks for children
- full-sized (new and unused) personal hygiene items
- gift cards
- household items
You can find more information on how to participate here.
Raise Some Dough
H-F Step Buddies
Join us for the first annual Step Buddies with the Homewood-Flossmoor High School Steppers Team! Come practice with us, learn a routine, and enjoy snacks while getting to know the Steppers. Buddies will also receive a t-shirt to wear as they perform their routine with the Steppers Team members at an H-F Varsity Boys Basketball game. See the attachment below for details.