November 19, 2021
The Latest Information from JMMS
Please scroll down through this edition of the JMMS Updates for the latest info.
- Ski Club Cancelled: Those interested in Ski Club this year, please be advised that unfortunately we have to cancel it for the middle school this year due to changes in processes and structures at Brandywine. JHS will run their Ski Club this year, and it is our hope to be able to return to normal for JMMS next year.
- Mock Trial: Are you interested in the law? Do you like to act or role play? Do you like to argue? If you said “yes” to any of these, Mock Trial might be a great club for you! Students have an opportunity to play the roles of lawyers and witnesses in a realistic court case. If you are interested in joining Mock Trial or finding out more information, check with Mrs. Clapper in room 309.
Wrestling practice starts Monday, Nov 15 @ 3:00 in White gym. Athletes need to be registered on-line and have a registered physical with the MS Athletic Department.
To register your athlete:
- Important info: As many of you are already aware, there have been different "challenges" circulating on Social Media over the past few months encouraging students to make poor choices and disruptive behavior. While we do not wish to put a spotlight on any of these behaviors, we do want to make sure our parents are aware and encourage you to have conversations with your child about the ramifications of taking part in any of these acts. Our student code of conduct is found on pages 50-53 of the JMMS Student Handbook.
- As a reminder, the safest way for a student to depart the building is on a school bus or via parent pick-up. Should you choose to allow your child to walk from school, please remind them of the importance of following all traffic laws as they walk from the building and be respectful of others' property. Thank you for your assistance with this!
- Is your student looking for announcements?: Daily announcements are always available for our students online by navigating to this link.
7th Grade Trip Reminder
Traveling Classroom will be here on Monday and Tuesday Nov. 22 & 23 during student arrival to school. Mr. Jackson will be posted near the Gold gym where he will be taking $50 non-refundable deposits for 7th Grade Columbus Trip. Parents should put a check or cash in envelope with paperwork for your student to hand toTraveling Classroom. Remember Venmo payment is also an option.
For trip information: https://www.jackson.stark.k12.oh.us/domain/1776
ATTENTION 8TH GRADERS - WASHINGTON DC TRIP MEETING
Welcome to our Jackson Memorial Middle School Washington D.C. Trip. We are very excited to provide this educational opportunity for our Jackson 8 th grade students. Traveling Classrooms is our partner agency that will host this field trip. They have hosted tours for 35 years as well as have worked with Jackson School district for multiple years. They are excited to organize another successful Washington D.C. trip for your 8th grade student!
Date of Trip: May 12th ,13th , and 14th , 2022
Registration for the Jackson 8th Grade Washington D.C. Trip
All sign-ups for the 8th grade Washington D.C. trip will go through our partner agency, Traveling Classrooms. Jackson Middle School does not accept any payments. Traveling Classroom’s personnel will be at Jackson Memorial Middle School on the specified dates and times to collect your student’s sign-up sheet and trip deposit payment.
Traveling Classroom Registration Dates
Date: October 28th or 29th, 2021
Time: Before school 7:15 am – 8:00 am
Location: Jackson Memorial Middle School Door 5W located in Gold Gym lobby
Required: Student Permission, Parent Refund Acceptance Signature, Deposit Form & $100 non-refundable deposit per student (Click Here to review your payment options)
*Note: Late registrations after October 29th will only be accepted on a “Space Available Basis” status. Please read the Traveling Classroom Balance Refund Policy on the Traveling Classroom’s Payment and Forms Packet
All further communications for the trip will resume on March 11, 2022. On this date, students will bring home their Jackson 8th Grade Washington D.C. Forms Packet including the roommate selection form and medication forms.
If you have any questions before March 11th, please reach out to Mr. Harold Fisher 330-830-8034 ext. 3506 or email@example.com
PATT FALL SPIRIT WEAR SALE
Be sure to place orders by December 3rd in order to get them filled by the holidays. Check out the information below!
PATT wants YOU to be a part of the organization!!
Our parent organization, Parents and Teachers Together (PATT), is looking for volunteers to help in any capacity moving forward into this year.
The school calendar for the 21-22 school year has been approved by the Board of Education. Please click the purple button to check it out!
ATTENTION WINTER ATHLETES
Parents are reminded that if your child wishes to participate in a Winter Sport they must be registered as a Winter Athlete on-line and have an updated physical. Any questions regarding either item call Mr. Harvey at ext. 3410. Follow the link below to register your athlete. Even if they were a fall athlete they need to register as a winter athlete as well.
Also Winter athletes need to have an updated physical on file with the MS athletic office for tryouts.
Wrestling starts Nobvember 15th. There will be a meeting for athletes on Monday 11/8/21 at 2:35pm in the North Cafeteria.
Reminder that Wrestling practice starts Monday, Nov 15 @ 3:00 in White gym. Athletes need to be registered on-line and have a registered physical with the MS Athletic Department.
To register your athlete:
RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES
Please fill out this form to request assistance for the upcoming holiday season. Your response is confidential and you will be contacted by your family support specialist to get the help you need.
There are also two community agencies who require early registration to get help- See the attached flyers for information on Thanksgiving baskets and A Community Christmas
If you would like to help a family in need, please call Kathy Yaros, District Family Support Specialist at 330-837-3501 x 1769 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jackson Local Schools Backpack Food Program
We are pleased to be able to offer The Backpack Food Program, in partnership with RiverTree Jackson. This is a service for families in the Jackson Local School district with students in K-12. The goal of this program is to send home a variety of easy, ready-to-eat meals and snacks for your child to have over the weekend. There is absolutely no cost to our families to join this program. The bags will be delivered to your child’s school weekly, and sent home with students on the last day of the week that students are in school, usually Fridays.
To apply to be part of the Backpack Food Program, all you need to do is fill out the quick application form by clicking the link below: (one for each student). Please know, all information you share with us is kept in the strictest confidence.
If you have any questions please email
email@example.com or Kay2jc@jackson.sparcc.org
Bear Hugs is located at 2137 Wales Ave 44646.
For more information, or to set up a private shopping appointment,
Call Katherine at 330-714-9645 or Donnie at 330 495 4826
Bear Hugs: "Purple with a Purpose"