Sodium bicarbonate ( NaHCO3 )
This handy chemical can be used for...
relieving a sunburn, poison ivy, or an itchy bug bite
making a fluffier omelet
( just add 1/2 tbs. of baking soda for every three eggs!)
cleaning your pet's teeth (or your own!)
Baking soda is...
- a white, crystalline powder
- soluble in water and slightly soluble in ethanol
More Fun Facts about NaHCO3:
- it's boiling point is 1564 degrees Celsius (851 degrees Fahrenheit)
- it's density is 2.20g/cm^3
- it's found naturally in Colorado, USA