Updates from Washington Elementary - December 13th
Mr. Russell, Principal - 414.773.1805
Mrs. Schram, Administrative Assistant - 414.773.1805
Mrs. Hill-Gordon - Educational Assistant - 414.773.1806
Attendance Line - 414.773.1802
Concerts Next Week
Dear Washington Families -
Concert season is underway at Washington and I wanted to share some information with you so you know exactly how to enter the building and join us for the concerts next week
> Monday, December 16=2:00-3:00 PM JK-2nd perform for parents/upper grades regular schedule
> Tuesday, December 17=7:00-8:00 PM Band, Choirs, Orchestra perform for parents
As always, the safety and security of our students and staff is the top priority for the Wauwatosa School District, and this includes knowing who is in our building at all times. As such, I want to outline the process that will take place for visitors as they come to the upcoming concerts.
When arriving at the school for the concert please use the E3 door to enter the building. This door is located on the EAST side of the building at the top of the ramp. Upon entry, the following steps will be followed:
- All guests will sign-in on the sign-in sheet
- All guests will be given a "Visitor-Winter Concert 2019" name tag identifying they have signed in.
- All visitors should go directly to the concert location and not go to the students’ classroom.
- At the conclusion of the concert, students will go directly back to their classroom and visitors will exit the building through the same door as they entered.
- As in the past, students will not be dismissed early from school, rather they will be dismissed at normal dismissal time.
We’d also suggest planning an extra 10-15 minutes to your arrival time to ensure you’re able to sign-in prior to the start of the show.
Thank you for your partnership in keeping students, staff, and our learning environment safe. We look forward to a great show.
Please reach out to me with any questions.
Mr. Russell and staff
Do you still have items left on your shopping list? Get your student some Washington Gear. We have items in stock and ready for pick up.
High Interest Day- May 1st
Do you have a special talent, enjoy cooking or have an interesting job? If so we would love to have you as a presenter at this year’s High Interest Day. The students love spending the day learning about many new things. Please fill in the form
Pancake Breakfast and Holiday Shop
Thank you to ALL the Pancake Breakfast volunteers! What a sweet and smooth event: almost 400 breakfasts served, collected over 20 winter clothing articles and SO much holiday cheer. A big shout out to Cari-Anne Schur, Ashlyn Anderson and Kait McCullough for organizing a wonderful holiday event.
Thank you Jennifer Dugan for your continued support and planning of the Washington Holiday Shop. There were amazing vendors to get the holiday shopping season started.
Thank you Hai Molinaro and Erin Apollo for organizing this year’s City Tins fundraiser.
If you plan to volunteer at Washington School, you must have a background check on file. Background checks are valid for 3 years. To complete the the process click here: link
Also, please remember to bring your driver’s license along if you haven’t had it scanned into our Raptor security system yet. In order to enter the school building we must have your drivers license on file.
Reminder! Update Demographic and Emergency Contact Information in Infinite Campus
When the school district switched over to Infinite Campus(IC) this summer all emergency contact information was lost. If you have not done so already, please go into your IC account parent portal ASAP and check your families demographic information (phone/address/email address change, etc) and enter in emergency contact information.
If you have not created an account for Infinite Campus yet and do not think you received an email, please check your spam folder. You should have received an activation code from the district.
- To set up your account click here: https://bit.ly/2YBEZSH
- Once your account is set up, here is a link on how you can check and update contact information: https://bit.ly/2K9c404
- If you have problems creating your account or cannot find the email with your activation code, please contact the district here: email@example.com
- This is the parent portal link: https://wauwatosawi.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/wauwatosa.jsp