Information Literacy Summit
"Building Bridges through Curriculum and Collaboration"
PA Forward Information Literacy Summit
Wednesday, Jul 24th, 8:30am-2:45pm
Foster Auditorium, Paterno Library, Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
Registration Fee: $12.00
Registration is now closed.
Includes continental breakfast and snacks. Lunch on your own.
For more information visit the PA Forward Information Literacy Summit web site.
9:15 - 10:15 a.m. -- Keynote address
- Keynote Speakers Eileen Kern, President, PA School Librarians Association, and Allison Mackley, Librarian, Hershey High School, and Co-Chair of the Information Literacy Summit planning committee, will discuss the New Model Curriculum for PA School Library Programs, and Dept. of Education Standards Aligned System.
- Ellysa Stern Cahoy, past chair, ACRL Information Literacy Competency Standards Review Task Force, will share the strategic areas of change recommended by her group.
- Trudi Jacobson and Craig Gibson, Co-Chairs of the current Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education Task Force, will discuss their group's plans for the revision process, and will share their timeline for change and implementation.
11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. -- Lunch (organized into interest groups)
1:00 - 1:45 p.m. -- Breakout Session One
1:45 - 2: 00 p.m. -- Break
2:00 - 2:45 p.m. -- Breakout Session Two
- The Embedded Librarian
- Collaborating with Faculty
- Transition from High School to College: What Should First-Year College Students Know?
- Tour and Discussion of the Paterno Library's New Knowledge Commons
Show your appreciation by becoming a member of PaLA! If you are a member, thank you!