The New Deal
By: Ashley Trueblood
* Revived public confidence in banks
* Congress created the SEC to regulate the stock market, which helped prevent people with inside information about companies from “rigging” the stock market for their own profit.
* It aided other workers and attempted to stimulate economic recovery.
* Helped raise farm prices and put more money in farmers’ pockets.
* Programs like the CWA raised the hopes of the American people
Roosevelt and The New Deal
"We Want Roosevelt"
* CCC planted over 200 million trees in an attempt to prevent another Dust Bowl.
* As governor, FDR had proved to be an effective, reform-minded leader, work-ing to combat the problems of unemployment and poverty.
* A period of intense activity known as the Hundred Days was launched. During this period, Congress passed more than 15 major pieces of New Deal legislation.
* Congress passed the Emergency Banking Relief Act, which authorized the Treasury Department to inspect the country’s banks.
* Many Americans returned their savings to banks.
*Congress and the president also worked to regulate the stock market, in which people had lost faith because of the crash of 1929.
* Economic decline
* A time of panic
* The Great Depression