ICEF Inglewood Middle Charter Academy- Home of the Cougars!
ICEF Inglewood Middle Charter Academy is a learning community of SCHOLAR-LEADERS that are CHALLENGED ACADEMICALLY and embrace the POWER OF REFLECTION with the COLLECTIVE TRUST OF ONE ANOTHER: resulting in the continuous development of a culture of P.R.I.D.E.
- Girls Build LA- Our scholars presented their work at the GBLA culminating event! They did s Went so well that Northrup Grumman is sponsoring a field trip for the girls!
- YPI and IIMCA- 8th Grade Scholars were dressed to the T at the Pasadena College Fair. They returned ecstatic about their new found college knowledge!
- Student Council is working hard to get thier first fundraiser off the ground
- Young Black Scholars (YBS) and the National Junior Honor's Society (NJHS) have participated in enlightening activities after school- Their thoughtful questions have been the highlight of these events
- Scholars supporting one another in the classroom
- Scholars performing/participating at various school and community events
- Spring Board essays, graphic organizers and questions are inherently rigorous!
- Targeted Group Instruction has pushed many scholars to the next level with their learning- they are controlling their output and we have seen a lot of success with that!
- Wednesday RTI for our lowest performers has scholars that were once uninterested in progressing in iReady and/or Acellus are now excited about the growth!
- Weekly Power Standard Assessments- We will pick this back up next week
- Increased usage of iReady and Acellus in all classes
- Rising to the challenge during Wedensday Assembly to earn college challenge points for their homeroom
Power Of Reflection
- Monthly All Staff Meetings
- PLP Meetings
- Honest Conversations With One Another
- Reinstating our Leadership Team to address concerns with staff morale and school culture
- Working Together to Build on our Momentum
- Teaching Strategies in the Classroom
- Scholars Reflecting on Negative Behavior and Improving
- Instructional Leadership Team (ILT) leading PDs and taking in concerns from the team to adjust school-wide instructional approaches
Collective Trust of One Another
- Valuing Relationships and Building Trust With Colleagues
- Monthly All Staff Lunches
- Sunshine Committee Events and Celebrations
- Relationship Building Activity During Most Meetings
- Putting our Scholars Ahead of Everything and Making Decisions For Them
NO NEED TO WONDER WHY...
Team, continue doing your role/responsibilities to the fullest and we will see our scholars and school community climb to the highest levels!
We finished up school wide testing last Friday.
Fo the next two weeks, scholars will be pulled out for make-up testing. When/If this happens during a content class, be flexible and provide the scholar with the missing work.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING ADMINISTRATION, DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK ANYONE ON THE ILT. WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
Weekly PSAs will be suspended until the week of May 23rd. The next PSA will be administered the week of May 23rd.
Wednesday Weekly Assemblies
***Save The Date***
Month of May
- 2-6 SBAC testing (5-6 Make-up testing)
- 2-6 Teacher appreciation week!
- 4 Staff appreciation luncheon- More details to come!
- 5 Cinco de Mayo Assembly
- 6 Mock CST science test for 8th grade scholars
- 9-13 SBAC Testing (12-13 Make-up testing)
- 11 Scholar of the Month acknowledgments
- 16-19 CST Testing 8th Graders ONLY (18-19 Make-up testing)
- 17 Coffee with the Principal (in Spanish)- NEW
- 18 Cadre Meeting
- 19 Parent Information Meeting (PIM)
- 19 School site council
- 23 6th Grade Awards Evening- NEW
- 24 7th Grade Awards Evening- NEW
- 27 Sports day
- 30 Memorial day- holiday