Tuesday, October 2
What's Coming Up
October 1-5 National Custodial Appreciation Week
October 1-5 Quarter 1 Interims Go Home this Week
Wednesday, October 3: 10:00am Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Thursday, October 4: Fall Picture Day
Monday, October 8: PTA Exec Meeting (6:30-8:00pm Media Center)
October 8-10: 3rd Grade CogAT Testing
Thursday, October 11: Buccaneer Bash Family Picnic (6:00-7:30pm)
Friday, October 12: Fine Arts Assembly
October 15 - October 26: AIG Nomination & Testing Window Open
October 22 - 26: Book Fair
Tuesday, October 23: CREW Night - Kindergarten & First Grade (6:30pm)
Thursday, October 25: Family Night at The Book Fair
Tuesday, October 30: End of First Quarter
Wednesday, October 31:
- Character Dress Up Day
- Letterland Parade
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- Please use BOTH the left and right lanes of the carpool until you reach the orange cones.
- When you reach the orange cones, merge on at a time (like a zipper) - one car from the right lane, one from the left lane, one from the right lane, one from the left lane, etc.
Fall Picture Day
- These are the pictures that will appear in the yearbook.
- Pictures are pre-pay according to the instructions on the envelope that was sent home with your scholar last week.
- Pictures are expected to arrive within three weeks.
- Any student unhappy with their portrait or absent on picture day, can have their picture retaken on November 8. If your child is having their picture retaken, please return in the original portrait package so that we can replace it.
FREE & REDUCED LUNCH FORMS DUE NOW
Free or Reduced LunchPlease click this link to find more information related to our free and reduced lunch program. Forms are provided in both English and Spanish and can be filled out on paper or online.
*If your child received free or reduced lunch last year, you DO need to reapply for this school year by clicking this link.
Former Creech Road Students
Creech Road had a unique program that provided free breakfast & lunch to all students. Other schools do not qualify for this program. Students participating in the breakfast or lunch program at Bryan Road should fill out the Free & Reduced Lunch Form or bring money to purchase meals at school.
My School Bucks
Sign up for or add money to your child's cafeteria account by clicking here.
Low or No Balance
If your child has a low balance or needs to repay the school for breakfast or lunch, you will see a hot pink piece of paper in their book bag. This is a way for the cafeteria to communicate with families.
- Lunch cost $2.55 per meal
- Breakfast cost $1.25 per meal
Purchase your NC State Fair Tickets HERE!
- Saves you $2 on admission
- Earns money for Bryan Road Elementary
Steps to Ordering Online
1) Click this link
2) Choose your number of admission tickets (adult or child tickets)
3) Click the "Add Tickets" green button at the bottom
4) Input the code E31& click "Submit"
5) Select your deliver method at the bottom of the page (Print at Home or Regular Mail)
6) Click "Continue"
3rd Grade CogAT Testing
Buccaneer Bash Family Picnic!
CLICK HERE TO PRE-ORDER YOUR PIZZA!
Quest for the Chest Fundraiser
Quest To Fill The Chest, our "no fuss" fundraiser is a family donation campaign where 100% of the profits will be able to stay in our PTA. Quest for the Chest runs Thursday, October 11-25. Keep your eyes peeled for a flyer with detailed information that will go home with your buccaneer on October 11!
The proceeds, from this book fair, will help us buy books for our classrooms and new media center!
We are offering 2 Family Nights. These are nights where the book fair is open after school hours for families to come purchase books for their children.
- For Kindergarten and 1st Grade - Tuesday, October 23 (5:30 - 6:15 pm) - This is a special night for all students who will be attending the K/1st grade curriculum night.
- For K-5th - Thursday, October 25 (5:30 - 7:00 pm)
Join our Readvolution!
1. If you are running late and your child is tardy (anytime after 9:15 am), he/she must be accompanied into the school and checked in at the office by an adult.
2. If you have to pick up your child early, please arrive before 3:15 in order to make sure your child is able to be released safely before afternoon dismissal begins. You will pull in the bus entrance and park in the smaller side parking lot.
3. Also, if you have any transportation changes, please write a note in the morning to your child's teacher. Do not use email or Seesaw as teachers are unable to check these regularly when they are teaching. If you have an emergency transportation change, please call the office.
Are your child's grandparents, aunts, uncles, and family friends saving theirs for you also? This is a great way to expand your own collection to help raise money for our school!
PTA Sunshine Committee Announcement
Hey Wonderful Parents!
As you all know, we have the BEST staff around so it is very important to us that we find ways to let them know just how special and valued they are! The Sunshine Committee would like to set up several ways to celebrate them and show our appreciation for them throughout the school year, and we need your help!
We have come up with a few fun ideas that we would love to get volunteers for!
- One way is by bringing teachers a small gift (such as their favorite drink, candy or snack) on their birthday.
- Another idea is to have "Treasure Tuesdays" where one Tuesday each month, a family can bring in some sort of treat for the faculty (such as brownies or chips and dip).
- In addition, we would like to provide a few meals throughout the year for our teachers (a Taco Tuesday luncheon on 9/25, a Christmas Breakfast on 12/7, Sweets for Our Sweethearts on 2/8, and a meal for Teacher Appreciation Week during May - TBA).
If you are willing to help us out with either the Teacher Birthdays and/or the Treasure Tuesdays, please sign up using the forms below! Then, those who sign up will receive a separate email with more details such as specific birthdays, drop off times, etc. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to Jaclyn Harper (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jessalyn Pedone (email@example.com). Thank you so much for your consideration!
The PTA Sunshine Committee
Click here to view the Birthday Sign-Up
Click here to view the Treasure Tuesday Sign-Ups
It’s PTA Membership Time! You can sign up to be a member online through our school store OR you can fill out the PTA membership form and send it in with your $5 (cash or check) to school. Checks need to be made out to Bryan Road PTA.
Joining the PTA does not commit you to any events or activities at our school. Purchasing a membership helps our PTA fund programs for our students & staff that might otherwise not get funded. The PTA does however, encourage families to get & be involved as much as they would like! There are many opportunities to volunteer with PTA activities throughout the school year!
Where does your money from your membership go?
A portion goes to the State and members are offered discounts from various companies (listed on the NC PTA website). More importantly, a portion goes directly to Bryan Road ES to help pay for PTA projects & activities that enrich the school experience for our students that might otherwise not be able to happen.
In other words, joining PTA is a fundraiser for PTA sponsored projects, activities & experiences for our Bryan Road scholars.
Join the PTA today. It supports our teachers & students!
Click this link to purchase your PTA Membership.
Eating Lunch at Bryan Road
The lunch times are shared below for your convenience. Please keep in mind that these are not the same times that will be used on Early Release Days or Delayed Start days.
Regular Schedule Lunch Times
1st Grade & EC: 10:50-11:15
2nd Grade: 11:47-12:12
3rd Grade: 11:20-11:45
4th Grade: 12:15-12:40
5th Grade: 12:15-12:40
Our Community Partners Support our School, So Let's Support our Community Partners!
Bryan Road Elementary School
School hours are: 9:15 start and 3:45 dismissal.