Bloomdahl Middle School News
Where learning is fun!
Welcome to Bloomdahl Middle School!
Learning Extension Program
Our Community, Our School
Peer Support Interventions
College & Career Readiness
I know you are 'just' in middle school, but now is the time to start thinking of your future. This fun infographic below is a great way to start exploring about your future choices!
- The first step is to discover yourself and think about what interests, abilities, values, and goals that you have.
- The next step is to imagine your future. Some things to consider are your personal fulfillment, your family, and the quality of life you envision yourself having.
- The third step is to explore your options; what career will help you reach your dreams. Will it be creative, technology, environmental, government, or healthcare?
- Then connect your career to how much college you would need. Will it be a Technical Certificate, Associates Degree, Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree, or Professional Degree?
- Step 5 allows you to prepare for high school. To challenge yourself academically, to be a leader at your school, to improve the community, and to have fun!
- The last step is to enter high school ready to achieve success! You will already have a plan, so stick to it, and do your best!
Below is a career resource website that would be very helpful in determining your interests.
Website with videos about careers, wage information and college prep steps.
Tips to Stress Less
BMS Student of the Month
About the Program
"I don't fit in anywhere. Can you help me make sense of my cultural identity?"
"I get picked on by others. Does anyone care about me?"
"I don't feel like life is worth living. Would anyone miss me if I were gone?"
"How can I meet with you about an issue I have?"
Our Trusted Team of School Counselors:
I am a graduate of Murray State University with a Bachelor of Arts in English Education. I am currently enrolled in the Counseling program at the MSU College of Education & Human Resources. I look forward to becoming a professional counselor at a school where I can help students reach their full potential in both their academic and personal life.
I received my Bachelor of Science in Communication Disorders from Murray State University. Currently, I am a first year graduate student in the Counseling program at MSU. My background includes working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other developmental disabilities in a variety of settings. In the future I hope to become a professional counselor in the school setting. I hope to bolster the student's self awareness, character, and confidence in hopes that they obtain their personal and educational goals.
Hello! I graduated from Murray State University with a Bachelor's degree in Social Work. I worked in the school system for five years, and decided I wanted to do more to help the students. I am currently enrolled in the counseling program at Murray State. I look forward to working with students on a daily basis to help them reach their full potential in their academics, career, and personal and social needs!