Live Together. Learn Together. Lead Together.
Top Pelican Reminders
1. Hope you enjoyed your break with family and friends!
2. Quarter 2 will end on January 13th. Report cards will be posted on January 24th.
3. Quarter 2 Benchmark Testing will take place from January 10th-13th for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students. Make-up testing will occur on January 18th. Please make sure that your child is rested and ready to go on these days.
4. Always call 377-7900 to inform us of absences. Dialers are automatically sent from the district when students are absent. Please call us so we can document absences correctly.
5. Season is here and we know how traffic increases. Now is the time that we see an increase of students who are tardy. Please manage time, so your child is on time to school each day. Routines established in the morning will go a long way in their future.
6. Encourage your child to check the lost and found in the cafeteria. We are starting to accumulate many sweaters and sweatshirts.
- 1/10-1/13: Quarter 2 Benchmark Testing (3rd, 4th and 5th Grades)
- 1/13: End of Quarter 2
- 1/14: No School- Teacher Work Day
- 1/17: No School- MLK Day
- 1/24- Quarter 2 Report Cards Published
Quarter 2 Report Cards
To access the Quarter 2 Report Card electronically as a PDF:
- Navigate to https://focus.collierschools.com/focus/
- Enter the Username - your student’s lunch number (student number)
- Enter the Password
- For students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 2, enter 1
- For students in Grades 3-12, enter your student’s birthday month and day as four digits (e.g., September 7, 2011 would be 0907)
- Under your student’s picture, click the Reports tab
- The link can be viewed as a PDF or downloaded and saved
The FOCUS Portal can be accessed from the CCPS Portal, clicking the FOCUS icon.
For assistance, contact email@example.com or call 239-377-0009.
Counselor's Corner with Mrs. Ward
Happy 2022 PME!
It was wonderful coming back to school, seeing our students excited for the new year. For the month of January, we are focusing on Self- Control. Wednesday, on the morning news we defined self-control. Self-control is having the ability to resist temptations and avoid acting on impulse. Self-control stops us from doing something we might later regret. We reviewed that when we find ourselves in difficult situations, the best way to control our actions is to STOP, THINK, and then ACT. When kids have self-control, they do better in school and get along better with others.
Order your yearbook today!!!
There were 3 forms that went home in the Wednesday Folder yesterday!
You can also order your yearbook online: BuyTheYearbook.com
Our School ID# is 703257
5th Grader Parents/Guardians:
Our lovely PTO will be ordering a yearbook for every 5th grade student this year.
Highlights Around Campus
12 Days of Holiday Fun was FUN!
Sharpen The Saw Event
Information from our PTO
Become a volunteer!
- Don't forget to update your volunteer status at: https://www.collierschools.com/volunteer
- Visit us at pelicanmarshpto.com
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive information about volunteer opportunities.
Box Tops for our school!
Box Tops have gone digital! Scan your receipts and earn for Pelican Marsh by following these simple steps:
1. Go to boxtops4education.com OR to your App Store and download the Box Tops for Education app
2. Register for free and search for Pelican Marsh Elementary
3. Scan your store receipt using the app and it will automatically find the Box Tops products you purchased and add cash to your school’s earnings online
4. You can also submit your digital receipts from online shopping by emailing them to email@example.com within 14 days of your purchase