Good Times, Bad Times
The Great Depression
- Herbert Hoover was president when The Great Depression began.
- The cause of The Great Depression was the stock market crashing.
- During this time was the highest unemployment rate.
- The aviation industry in Wichita, which was going strong just a few years earlier, was almost wiped out.
Life goes on
- After The Great Depression citizens were back to having fun.
- Sports remained of great interest to most of Kansas.
- Amelia Earhart the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean was from Kansas.
- Photography and movie making arrived in Kansas.
- Baseball was popular in the 1920's they had a black and white baseball league because they were not allowed to play side by side.
- Movies were popular entertainment in the 20's.