Crisis in Venezuela
Created by: Terry Kobert
Background of the crisis
- The Venezuelan economy was in deep trouble before this even started.
- The government was very bad there.
- Government might start to collapse soon.
- The protests started because of the government. Nobody agreed with the government.
Information about the protest
- The people protested by going into the streets and rioted. They broke pasts barriers and chanted in the streets.
- During one of the protests 25000 people were killed.
- Also during a student protest a 14 year old student was shot and killed.
- The United States of America were being accused for the start of the decline in economy.
What are the effects of the protests
- Lines outside of stores just to get food
- No food in shopping markets
- The abusing of protesters
- Government has low handling of crime and economy
How did the protesters demonstrate their belief through the protests
The Venezuelan people got their point across by
- Anti-government protest
- secretly trying to overthrow the government
- Labor leaders wanted to protest Chaves