September 10th, 2021
What a great week! Our seniors are leading our school in purposeful ways. They are following safety precautions and still enjoying senior moments. I am grateful for this respectful, inclusive group of students. I was able to visit twenty classes this week. I assure you; your student is glad to be here. This is evident in engagement in class discussions, group work, and homework. Tonight, NC plays the first football game of the season – an exciting milestone. I look forward to more events for our community.
This Week's Events
Saturday, September 11th
- NCHS Volleyball - Tournament Appearance Cancelled
Monday, September 13th
- HW Center Opens, 2:30 - 4:30 PM
- Soccer vs. Freeman, 4 PM at Dwight Merkel Complex
- Softball at Mead, 4 PM
Tuesday, September 14th
- Volleyball at West Valley, Varsity at 7 PM
- Softball vs. East Valley at 4 PM
Wednesday, September 15th
- Soccer vs. Lewis and Clark, 4 PM at Dwight Merkel Complex
- Cross Country Meet at Gonzaga Prep, 4 PM
Thursday, September 16th
- Softball vs. University, 4 PM
- Volleyball vs. East Valley, Varsity at 7 PM
Friday, September 17th
- Varsity Football vs. Clarkston, 7 PM at University HS
Hamilton Scholar - Ivy Pete
Athletic Signing - Isabella Bay
Meet the Counseling Team
We are well underway into the school year! Here is your North Central counseling team. Look for us in the hallways and say hello. We have had many students coming to the student office for schedule changes. We are now two weeks into school, and no longer doing schedule changes. If you have any schedule questions, please email your counselor about your specific concern.
HW Center Starts Monday
Photo Retakes and Makeups
Dance Team Tryouts
Want to be a part of a team that preforms in halftime shows, pep cons, parades, Groovy Shoes and competition? Tryout for the North Central Dance Team! Come learn how to dance or improve your current dance skills. All you need is dedication and a positive attitude. All ages, genders, and abilities welcome. Tryouts are September 20th – September 24th 3pm-5pm in room N341. Please sign up for 21-22 Dance Team on Family ID and we will see you at tryouts. Please contact me if you have any questions.
~ Coach Kati Kelsey, 509-354-6397, email@example.com
Counseling Corner - Graduation Pathways
The counselors are busy at work making sure all students have the exact classes they need to get to an on time graduation! Did you know that there are specific state requirements students must meet to graduate with a Washington state diploma? Students must have 24 credits in specific content areas, complete a high school and beyond plan, and have a completed career pathway. Pathways are the newest piece of the puzzle for the class of 2022 and beyond. You can learn more about pathways HERE. The counselors will be supporting your student all four years in the journey toward graduation. The more you know, the better you can help prepare your student for success!
COVID Safety at SPS
PowerSchool Parent Portal
Having trouble logging in? Check your mail for an activation code or call the student office at 354-6310.
Free School Meals
Business Office Updates
- Do you have any student fees to pay online? Simply choose "Pay Fees" on the NCHS website for full directions on how to access your child's account and pay online.
- The GSL Participation Fee is $42 this year, but students can quality for a waiver based on their Free and Reduced Lunch status or College Bound Scholarship Eligibility. This form is included in the Family ID sports registration and is available at the Business Office.
- We have last year's yearbooks available in the office for those who still haven't picked their up or for those who would like to purchase one for $30. We're also selling yearbooks for this year for $36 until December 31st.
- We have NC gear available in the Business Office. Feel free to come in and shop now and watch for news on a new online store that will be opening later this school year!
For any questions, stop by the Business Office or call us at 324-6239.
Attendees who forget a mask will be provided one at the ticket table. If there are consistent problems with wearing a mask over the nose and mouth, individual spectators may be asked to leave or the game may need to be delayed or cancelled. Please work with school staff to support our teams and make sure they can play a full season this year. If you have a concern about mask wearing, reach out to school administration at any time.