All About Lightning War
By: Noah H. And Harry T.
How a Lightning War starts.
- A Lightning War starts when one country declares war on another.
- Then they come with a overwhelming amount of soldiers to overtake their target.
- It happens so quickly the other country has no time to react, so they end up in serious or critical conditions.
How A Lightning War Differs From A Regular War.
- It moves very fast, possibly 3 weeks instead of one year like a regular war.
- Its a strategy used by Germany instead of Poland.
- It uses a overwhelming force instead of enough to win the war like a regular war would go.
Germans in Poland
Which Countries were in a Lightning War? The Invasion Of Poland!
- It started in 1939 when Germany used the strategy "Lightning War" to invade Poland.
- This invasion was the first major battle of World War II.
- During the invasion, the Germans used tanks, warplanes, and soldiers all at once to attack Poland.
How Well Lightning War Works for Germany
- Heinz Guderian came up with the idea of this fast overwhelming war.
- In his propaganda campaign that Blitzkreig or the "Lightning Stroke" that it would overwhelm a country by land and air.
- The impact was so critical, and as how fast it came, it was over for Poland.
Lightning War Citations
Citations For Lightning War
Adams, Simon, and Andy Crawford. World War II. New York: Dk Pub, 2007. Print.
Hoffmann, Peter. "Blitzkrieg." World Book Student. World Book, 2013. Web. 2 May 2013.
"The Invasion of Poland." Gale Encyclopedia of U.S. History: War. Detroit: Gale, 2009. Student Resources In Context. Web. 2 May 2013.
"Heinz Guderian." Encyclopedia of World Biography. Vol. 20. Detroit: Gale, 2000.Student Resources In Context. Web. 2 May 2013.
Germans In Poland Picture CITATION:Stokesbury, James L. "World War II." World Book Student. World Book, 2013. Web. 3 May 2013